Awning rail protectors

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
WE bought them for our Bailey Pegasus-seemed to help with muck getting in there and directing some of the dirty water down the back and front rathter than the sides-fewer grey streaks to clean. Not 100% convinced though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have never considered them to offer any practical advantage advantage. I've never had a channel get blocked with debris, and they won't stop the channel corroding, and if left in for any length of time could become difficult to remove if corrosion starts.

The only thing they may do is to direct water drips further from the side wall, but if there is even just a slight breeze it won't make a big difference.

I class them as another product to beguile caravanners out of more money.

Reactions: MrMcGav
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
...I class them as another product to beguile caravanners out of more money.

We are spoiled for choice in that regard!

I don't see how they would add any benefit to my design of caravan - the awning rails sit proud of the side panels and the roof naturally channels water over the front or back; the only black streaks on the sides are formed from protrusions such as the windows, door handle and the "SPRITE" badges (which are raised stick-on lettering) when rain is driven against the sides.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have spoken to people who use them, and they do seem happy with them. Our caravan is stored on a slight sideways slope, which means the offside misses the drips and stays reasonably clean but the near side gets lots of marks from the decals windows etc. I might try some to see if it helps.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I had them on my Sancere and found them really good.
Obviously I did have a few streaks but nothing like before I fitted them.
Every few months,I did remove them and used warm soapy water to clean the awning channels and then the strips.
I will definitely Purchase some more when we collect our next caravan in December.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts