Awning Tie Downs

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello all, first post here and a first time caravanner. I have got myself a seasonal pitch which i can use from next weekend and am looking forward to the trials and tribulations that caravanning is going to bring so expect a few more questions to be asked lol,

I have got a Craftsman Miracle which is approx 15ft, i want to get an awning tie down kit for it,( not sure of the make of the awning ) what size would i roughly need..? also are there alternatives to the kits..? I am on a hard standing pitch ( type 1 stone ) and planned to use dog anchors as opposed to the pegs that come with the kit, could i just use a ratchet strap and get some protective sleeves for the contact points..?

Thanks

Jason

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
As far as i am aware all tie down kits are the same size and adjustable,there is no reason why you cannot change the anchors but see no real reason to do so.

One tip is to put twists in the strap ,if you do not when it is windy they will flap and make an awful noise,twist them and bingo no noise.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jason, welcome to the mad world of caravanners ! Your first question has been answered with excellent advice, which the instructions in the tie-down strap probably would not have mentioned. Don't hesitate to ask about anything else you need to know - someone on here will know - although i can't guarantee you won't get conflicting advice sometimes. My own tip is to get a "dumpy" masons hammer - you will find it drives in tie-down anchors so much easier. When moving on, if the anchors are difficult to move, pour a little water round them, wait 5 minutes and they should come out very easily.

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jason, welcome to the mad world of caravanners ! Your first question has been answered with excellent advice, which the instructions in the tie-down strap probably would not have mentioned. Don't hesitate to ask about anything else you need to know - someone on here will know - although i can't guarantee you won't get conflicting advice sometimes. My own tip is to get a "dumpy" masons hammer - you will find it drives in tie-down anchors so much easier. When moving on, if the anchors are difficult to move, pour a little water round them, wait 5 minutes and they should come out very easily.
Thanks for the advice,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts