Awning trouble

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
We have just bought a towsure panama 390 porch awning, we went to our caravan last weekend to try it out and see how easy it was to put onto the van, when we had it all in place but we found we could not get a good seal against the van, has any one else had this issue as some help would be grateful appreciated.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
With a light weight awning it can be awkward to get a good seal to the side of the van more so when its windy, on our porch awning it has got built in buffer pads to squash against the side of the van with the rear poles, the main thing is making sure that you peg the awning just under the van so that it helps it to keep tight to the van, do that first before you peg the front corners, the only other thing i can think of is a pair of these to help keep the wind and rain out.

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you sprocket, we are away again Thursday and will see how we get on putting it up for real, I am sure if we have a problem some one will come help,

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
We have a Prestina 260 awning that I got very cheaply - we use it during the winter as we are less worried about putting it away wet/getting it dirty etc. I also have problems getting a decent seal against the van. As a previous poster has said, pegging it down under the van is the place to start, but I also supplement the pads against the van with pipe lagging around the poles.
22mm for the larger dorema awning I have and 15mm for the prestina. - can be bought quite cheaply from DIY outlets and adds a little to the pole diameter which seems to help.
Cheers
Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts