Bad Practise ??

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
After my first trip away returned to the safety of my storage facility and noticed that quite a few vans are leaving their towing protector front covers on...
As you know whilst towing the cover basically acts as a second skin whilst on the move but sitting parked up could it not maybe chaff the windows through time due to the wind etc getting under the cover whilst parked up ?
Was going to leave mine on but decided against it just in case .... Just a thought or maybe I'm over thinking ..... :unsure:

GAS ....:cool:

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The instructions with mine say not to leave it on, but don’t explain why. You leave the full cover on so I don’t know the difference. I never do leave ours on but I can take it off or on in seconds.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I'd surmise it wouldn't be good to leave the front awning rails under tension for prolonged periods - an overall cover isn't attached there so no issue.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Leaving it on causes a build up of dirt accumulating under the cover, mostly from dirt being washed down from the roof.

I left it on once for a few months, never again, I think if I had left it on much longer I would have caused serious damage to the paintwork and front windows.

As it was it took a significant time to clean off the dirt that had accumulated, and a lot of care was needed in doing so.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Leaving it on causes a build up of dirt accumulating under the cover, mostly from dirt being washed down from the roof.

I left it on once for a few months, never again, I think if I had left it on much longer I would have caused serious damage to the paintwork and front windows.

As it was it took a significant time to clean off the dirt that had accumulated, and a lot of care was needed in doing so.

Now that makes very good sense.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

We always remove ours for the reasons above.

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
The instructions with mine say not to leave it on, but don’t explain why. You leave the full cover on so I don’t know the difference. I never do leave ours on but I can take it off or on in seconds.

John
I bought I suppose a lower range price wise caravan front cover which came with no instructions :confused_old: but must admit once I sussed it out been a very good purchase ... Sturdy hard wearing and easy to put on....

GAS ...

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts