Bailey Pegasus 462 tracker battery draining main battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello I know it's been covered before but my van battery keeps draining all the time.i have been looking for the tracker and battery as I have a suspension it's flat and draining the van battery can anybody help or pm me I can supply receipt and Chris doc to prove I am the owner kind regards

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m surprised you cannot find the battery for the tracker as isn’t it about the size of a motorbike battery. Also didn’t Bailey at one time fit them in the same place on new caravans. It wouldn’t be appropriate to give such information on the Forum, but your dealer should be able to help given that the tracker batteries periodically have to be replaced.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
It is not difficult to find the Tracker and battery on a 462 - we had one. Just look for places where measurements don't align. You do have to remove screws is the only thing I will say.
The battery is a 12V 7Ah - possibly Yuasa or Panasonic - such as used to be used on electric wheelchairs and the like (before they went Lithium) and is held in place by a metal frame. When I found mine the battery was bulging and rather hot. I replaced it and never had any more problems.
Your dealer should be able to replace it but you will pay an arm and a leg over retail for the battery. It should be around £20.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
In more modern systems they are very small batteries, But my 2011 Bailey had a 12 volt motor bike sized battery in a false floor of the cupboard to the right of the door on entering the van. It was a common battery which Halfords stocked.

It is not so secret as they are all in the same place for each model.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thats really helpful, when most correspondents on this or other websites do not reveal the location for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerL
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thats really helpful, when most correspondents on this or other websites do not reveal the location for obvious reasons.

Its location is extremely easily located either physically, using the internet, or asking the manufacturer or the dealer. I speak from first hand experience with both Bailey and Lunar.

Location and changing have also been openly discussed on forums like this. If its location was critical surely it would have been hidden more secretly. With my Lunar. The alarm system was openly visible under a bunk. And the tracker, about the size of a small mobile, behind an insecure hatch. When mine went faulty the dealer had no problem telling me how to disconnect it whilst waiting for a replacement.

If I can find the information so easily, I imagine any self-respecting thief will know.

So reasons to not disclose are not so obvious. IMHO

John

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
No need to be so defensive. It’s just that the more it’s publicised on open forum the less effective it will be. You could have just PM’d the OP.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
No need to be so defensive. It’s just that the more it’s publicised on open forum the less effective it will be. You could have just PM’d the OP.

I feel that an owner has more right to know their property than any potential thief. I did not send a PM as I am fully aware that the information is very readily available.

I am informed (but do not know), that the alarm system is not so easily disconnected and has anti-tamper circularly and utilises more than one battery.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts