Bailey Pegasus 546

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I think that Bailey have made a great van design concept etc, however how all of this is let down by not filling holes behind the nearside wheel arch.

Imagine my suprise opeming the door to be greeted by lovely water in a caravan with a 10 year ingress warranty. After a call to Bailey of course being very tactfull it was 'oh that should not happen the sealant in the wheel arch should fill that', not this time Mr Bailey and also what happened to your QA procedures.

However at least the dealer took the initiative to check his other 546's and guess what they are the same, so time to go back to the dealers for new table, wooden bits etc.

So for all of those pegasus owners please check your caravan it is where the 20mm conduit and kitchen sink waste go through the floor.

So moral of the story is no water ingress from the top, sides but watch out for the mouse holes.

A really happy bailey caravan owner NOT!!!!!

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Wayne well what did you expect bying bailey rubbish had one from new a few years ago NEVER again what a heap of rubbish returned it after 9 months and eventially got my hard earned cash back .(after letters from trading standerds stating not supplied for what they advertised )

cheers Duggie

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
My Pageant Bretagne had water in the same place but it was from the kitchen sink waste pipe. The push fit pipe had come undone from the 90 deg elbow & washing up water was flooding that area. Are you sure yours is not doing the same?

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi, haven't owned a Bailey but they do look nice and do good layouts. That is probably wins them the awards. The awards people probably don't buy the actual vans to see what a 'mare they are looking at some of these posts. Swift vans are good though and would recommend 'specially the Challenger, shame more family van layouts with no fixed bed aren't on the market.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Wayne,

Sorry to hear of you troubles re Bailey caravan. Thankfully they are all not the same. I am on my third Bailey van, a peggy 554 and I can honestly say that I have never taken one of them back to a dealer for remedial work of any kind. Most of the comments published regarding the Pegosus I find amusing. ie white walls-use wash off tile transfers off internet. The plastic door locker catches are supurb.

The only thing I can find to complain about is the cupboard door in the wash room will not open fully with the wash room door open .I can live with that.

Wish you better luck with your van when your problems have been sorted,

Best regards

Bri

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian, you are one of the lucky ones, I have had two Baileys fail their damp tests.

The new range should have eliminated this snagging problem, my problem is they are to heavy for my towcar, and with the costs of fuel due to rocket in price, they will remain outside my prefered make.

Royston

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I have had only three new caravans, a Swift, Avondale, Bailey.

All three had to go back for dealer repairs.

The swift started with damp at 5 years, the avondale was dry at seven when it left me.

The present caravan the bailey is dry at 6 years.

As for the new baileys being heavy, the two berth is under 1350kg? Hardly heavy?

What will be my next caravan?, don't know still looking. But don't lets turn this into a bailey bashing, because as far as i'm concerned, my bailey has been no worse than the two before, all which served me well.

Its the rubbish fitments that cause all my problems, but at least i have no cracked panels.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
when we looked at them we had to do a runner after a few bits fell off in our hands. Sticking to Coachman thank-you very much!!

May 8, 2010
Visit site
We got a new Baily 2010 model and we have a few teething problems, the cupboard by the bed and next to the fire has to be thumped at times to open as the catch does not always come out when pressed and the heated towel rail keeps coming of but apart from that we are loving the van

our first van was a coachman Amara and it was fantastic no problems whatso ever and was only changed because we wanted a fixed bed and to be honest if money was not tight we would have stuck with coachman

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Which Bailey has a heated towel rail??

While I am more than happy with Bailey build quality (I pick up my third brand new one on Saturday) I would not expect Coachman solidity as Baileys are significantly lighter and cheaper. To me they are thoughtfully designed (the biggest overhead lockers to my knowledge), and good value for money. We looked at Swifts, Lunars, Elddis & Coachman before we ordered our Pegasus, and none of them were as practical.

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
Which Bailey has a heated towel rail??

While I am more than happy with Bailey build quality (I pick up my third brand new one on Saturday) I would not expect Coachman solidity as Baileys are significantly lighter and cheaper. To me they are thoughtfully designed (the biggest overhead lockers to my knowledge), and good value for money. We looked at Swifts, Lunars, Elddis & Coachman before we ordered our Pegasus, and none of them were as practical.
We looked at them all as well and bought the Bailey as we liked it and it seemed the best for the money.

We haven't had any problems (and hopefully won't) but there does seem to be a lot of 'Bailey Bashing' on this forum...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts