BAILEY PEGASUS GENOA 2016

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi - we are thinking of purchasing this model Pegasus and would appreciate any comments about it from existing owners be these be good or bad!

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Tips off this caravans present owners would give You some help . However buying a caravan in whatever layout has got to suit You and ultimately has to suit Your needs . A 2016 caravan is a big layout of money don't rush in to buy it but make doubly sure it's the caravan for You and it meets Your needs . Good luck in whatever You choose .

Paul

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As Paul says it is really a question of what you like and what suits you. If you like the design and layout and have the car and licence to tow it then I would go for it.
Bailey caravans are basically as good or bad as the others. Most are pretty good but they do turn out the odd rogue caravan but that is common to the industry. The worst problem with caravans is leaks, The Bailey Alutech system eliminates wood from the frame, so if you are the unlucky one who gets a leak it is not as drastic as if it had a wooden frame.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
We have a Bailey Unicorn but were originally looking at the Pegasus - one thing I really liked about the Pegasus over the Unicorn was the seating - the back rests are quite a lot higher in the Pegasus so a little more comfortable.
Both models feature the large panoramic front window which I love - it lets in so much light and makes it feel very spacious and airy.
We are new to caravanning but have been very pleased with our Bailey so far.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We have a 2014 Pegasus, apart from the seating there is a huge cut in equipment on the 2016 to differentiate more from the unicorn. Some of the kit you will need to go without or pay extra for are, exterior bbq point, better quality side blinds, alko wheel lock(s) and ATC. There are of course upgrades elsewhere but especially if safety and security are paramount it may be worth looking at the Unicorn range.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
We have a Pegasus 462 2010 and are having considerable difficulty finding a replacement that offers so much within the same length.

If you are buying from a dealer I would drive a hard bargain and get them to fit ATC at cost if not for free. The wheel lock did not come as standard with ours so you will need to buy that, but again if the receptor is not already on the chassis (2 o'clock behind the nearside wheel) get them to fit that as well.

If it is a private buy or not from a Bailey dealer you need to check the following:
Remove the trays in the front lockers (if it still has them) and make sure the floor is dry and unstained;
Get under the front and make sure the outside floor is dry both sides at the front edge - if there is any white deposit walk away;
Check it has the right tyres fitted - I think they should be 185R14 L104/102 - Bailey had the wrong tyre size in stock - and also make sure the label details on the body near the door are correct. We saw an identical van to ours at the (Bailey) dealer when we took ours for service and it had the wrong data on it - specifically the tyre pressure.
Make sure it has been serviced if applicable - and the service must be within one month of the origibal date of sale, not any subsequent sale, to maintain the 6-year warranty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts