Bailey Ranger GT 60 - New Caravan Range

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Just looked in the Bailey supplement provided in this months Practical Caravan magazine and I must say I am looking forward to the release of the new Ranger GT 60. We are looking to upgrade from our Ranger 5 series 470/4 and this may just be the ticket. We were looking at the Pagaent but will wait now until we can view this in between model. Hope it will be at the next caravan show or on forecourts soon.

May 14, 2006
Visit site
I'm of the same opinion, can't wait to see the range. We took up caravanning last year with a Ranger 5 series 510/4 and initially said that we would try it out and after two years we would either sell up or upgrade. I have to admit i have been suckered in by the initial advert in the PC mag - Ive never owned a GT before!!! Would love to stay with the Ranger, the low weights really suit us, but it would also be nice to have a few extras as standard.

Aug 11, 2006
Visit site
hello

I've seen the new vans. Prices for GT60 aren't confirmed, but according to dealers, they are going to be exactly half-way between Ranger and Pagant prices.

GT60 is narrower too. 7ft4in like old Pagant.

db

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dougie,

I could have sworn my S5 Pageant Vendee was 7'2" wide??? We moved up to a S6 Wyoming for the 7'6" width. The difference is pronounced. Maybe it's me who has it wrong??

Anyway, where have you seen the GT 60 and where does your spec come from. I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Cheers

Alan

Aug 11, 2006
Visit site
hullo,

the vans are embargoed so i can't say a lot, but i saw them at the factory - i saw teh GT6o and new Ranger and they both look very similar but the GT60 has lots more kit.

Chipping Sodbury caravans are always first to get the new models. They may have one on display.

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Am new to all of this! Want to buy a Ranger 540/6 due to the lightweight and 3 fixed bunks at the end. Is the new GT60 a new 'range' of caravans and does enyone know if this range includes 3 fixed bunks with 1300kgs MTPLM?? Our car can only tow this van and it suits our needs fantastically but not sure whether to wait for a new range to come out or to order the 540/6.

Thanks

Shelley

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi - I have had a look on the advert in the pc magazine and it does show that the 540/6 will be one of the models in the GT 60 range. I have also had an email back from Bailey to say that the GT 60's will be on show at dealers throughout September 08.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

We've seen the new Series 6 Ranger and GT60 line-ups today and have the prices, specifications and floorplans in hand. We'll put details on the site tomorrow.

Very briefly though, prices and weights are pretty impressive, and we can see the GT60 in particular proving popular with Pageant S5 owners looking to upgrade without changing towcar.

More details in the morning

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Just to let you know, I contacted a dealer yesterday and he e-mailed me the PDF's of the GT60 and series 6 ranger which I printed off. I haven't got the prices yet but maybe if you contact your dealer they may be able to provide you with the PDF's too.

Shelley

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
The GT60 looks a very nice van `in the metal`, and in no way looks a `budget` model.

Never bothered to look inside as I`m not in the market for a new van, and TBH didn`t pay that much attention when it was on site, although as it arrived and left on a transporter and was subjected to a professional photo-shoot, there will a test in a magazine coming to you shortly.

Aug 30, 2008
Visit site
hullo,

the vans are embargoed so i can't say a lot, but i saw them at the factory - i saw teh GT6o and new Ranger and they both look very similar but the GT60 has lots more kit.

Chipping Sodbury caravans are always first to get the new models. They may have one on display.
Hi

Just to let you all know drove past chipping sodbury caravans

they have a range GT60.Sorry not sure what model.

Thanks

Barry

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

Sorry for the delay. I thought the van info would have appeared on friday. I'll ensure the details are on here on Monday morning.

I'll tell you what I can remember though.

In terms of what I can remember, There are more GT60 models than Ranger and the Discovery range has been deleted.

The models which are being made are all the most popular ones from the old range, which means 540/6, 620/4, 460/4, 550/5 and i think one of the side-dinette four berths. 550/6 and 460/2 are definately out. All the Rangers are available in GT60 with the addition of the 460/2 end-washroom two-berth and possibly one other which I can't remember.

In terms of weights, what is very impressive is that Ranger weighs within a couple of kilos of the current model, or even less in the case of the 620/6 and a couple of others. More impressive than that is the GT60 weighs less than the equivalent Pageant S6 model, despite having a broadly identical specification.

Prices are up on S5 Ranger, but they've been kept very close, which given the price of raw materials going through the roof is a big surprise. I recall the biggest rise was around 5%, but you get a van with lots of specification increases - better fridge, directional TV aerial, better quality cushions and a much more contemporary appearance. GT60 gets shock absorbers, microwave, mini-heki rooflights, alloy wheels, stabiliser and a host of other nice bits. Prices for these go from around

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Chipping Sodbury Caravans near Bristol have the new caravans on show for this week 30 & 31st August. There are pictures of the caravan on their website. Hope this helps. For some people who live close it may be worth popping up to see them if you live close enough.

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm... just seen the specs and weights of the 540/6 - MTPLM of 1350kgs makes it a near-perfect match of 87% for my Mondeo. The specs are pretty good too... just hope it looks as good in the flesh!

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
The GT60's are very impressive.............so much so, I have just ordered a GT60 460/2 from my Buddies at Chipping Sodbury!

My last 'van came from them, which I have just sold and the 460/2 GT60 is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I'm very chuffed.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
The GT60's are very impressive.............so much so, I have just ordered a GT60 460/2 from my Buddies at Chipping Sodbury!

My last 'van came from them, which I have just sold and the 460/2 GT60 is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I'm very chuffed.
Glad your chuffed with your purchase Martin. I have set my heart on the Limousin as you know. However, I have been looking through the spec of the new Ranger Series 6 and the 6 birth caravan in both the Gt60 an the ranger Series are lighter than the Limousin even though they are longer in length. I think the only let down is the small wet room. My husband does day that most of time we would use shower on site and use the toilet and shower to wash your feet. The mind boggles. I cant seem to find on the spec what is twin axle and what is single though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts