Bailey Ranger -Is the Heater Warping the Doors ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone. We've just returned from our first trip in our new Ranger 550/6 over the Easter weekend. As it wasn't exactly sunny,we had the blown air and the heater on most of the time,

although not on maximum.

On our return, We now find that the bathroom door and wardrobe door doesn't fit well and appears to have warped !! Also the panel behind the heater appears to have bowed in a little ( I can now see the insulation and wires behind it ! )

Is it likely that the blown air could have done this or have we just not noticed it before ??

Any advice or comments from anyone who has experienced something similar would be very welcome.

Thanks , Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike I have not come accros this before but that dose not mean it has not happened. as your van is new I would be straight back to the dealer, as I am certian that this not right in a new van, perhaps in an old one maybe.

Good luck Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike I have not come accros this before but that dose not mean it has not happened. as your van is new I would be straight back to the dealer, as I am certian that this not right in a new van, perhaps in an old one maybe.

Good luck Jim
Hi Mike

I have had my Ranger from new for just over 12 months and enjoy winter touring. This means that I have been running the blown air heating for almost 24 hours when away when we were on the site under a blanket of snow and ice! In fact throughout the winter I have had the blown air on for often than it's been off through very wet conditions. I have not experienced any of the problems that you have described and to be honest, if I had I would be straight back to the dealer (who have so far been brilliant by the way). Unfortunately it seems like you have an isolated problem as I have spoken to other Ranger owners we meet on site and have not heard of this problem. Good luck with getting it sorted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

I have had my Ranger from new for just over 12 months and enjoy winter touring. This means that I have been running the blown air heating for almost 24 hours when away when we were on the site under a blanket of snow and ice! In fact throughout the winter I have had the blown air on for often than it's been off through very wet conditions. I have not experienced any of the problems that you have described and to be honest, if I had I would be straight back to the dealer (who have so far been brilliant by the way). Unfortunately it seems like you have an isolated problem as I have spoken to other Ranger owners we meet on site and have not heard of this problem. Good luck with getting it sorted.
Jim is absolutely right, this should not happen even in an old caravan. It shows that the materials or workmanship are not fit for purpose and that is a breach of the sale of goods act. Your caravan dealer (not the manufacturer) is responsible to ensure this is either repaired or replaced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts