Bailey Ranger

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have a 2004 Ranger 510 4/L, which I have owned from new. The van is now 18 months old. Whilst washing the van recently I noticed the roof which is aluminium is largely constructed of a very loose sheet. At first glance the roof appeared to be dented which was what originally atrected my attention, but it is actually a large ripple on the roof that you can move round with your hand. I have called the dealer who advises me that this is quite normal and the new Baileys are fitted with a fully bonded sheet to prevent. The roof does not leak but now I know its there its niggling away at me. Has anyone else noticed this problem? is it actually normal or do I have a case with the manufacturers?

Carl

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Carl,

I to own a baley caravan, a 1998 pageant Imperial, with the same roof as yourself, never had any problem with it

The newer pageant range 2005 onwards have a fully bonded roof complete with new front and rear end panels, Personally I prefer the range up to 2005, as the internal furniture follows the internal roof shape so there is no gap betwen the top of the panels and the internal roof .This is not the case with the newer 2005 onwards pageants,(looks unfinished)Strange as the new 2006 senators have a different shape fully bonded roof with no gaps between the the tops of the panels and the roof.

The senator would be my choice once they have sorted out the internal water pump noise.

Royston

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
The bubble or ripple in the aluminium sheet is a feature of the different expansion coefficients of aluminium, GRP and the softwood frame. It will probably all be ripple free at one temperature.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts