Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6 v Lunar Lexon 575 EB

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of changing vans and have narrowed it down to the Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6 or the Lunar Lexon 575 EB. 2006 Onwards.
We like the layout of the 2 front parrell seats which seem reasonably long with the nearside long table area just in front of the right rear side double bed with opposite washroom/shower/toilet and offside centre kitchen.
Do any members own any of these 2 types of vans with this configuration that can comment on them, likes or dislikes as i would like to hear them all.
Is there any other makes/models with a similar configuration that i am unaware of ??
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tony
We have a 2009 Senator California series 6 that we've had from new and had no problems at - in fact a really great 'van and, contrary to some opinions expressed on this forum about Bailey products, well designed and put together. The Indiana and California are the same size, weights etc but different layout. We prefer not having the washbasin in the bedroom (my wife does admit to splashing water everywhere!) and not having to walk "through the shower to get to the loo". The front seats in the California are shorter than those in the Indiana but we find them long enough to lounge on while watching TV. All Senators come well equipped including an onboard water tank - very useful in the current weather!
How Senators compare with the Lunars I don't know but we can certainly recommend the Senator. Best caravan we've had in 50+ years of caravanning.
Mike

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony,
We've got a Series 5 Indiana (not much different to a Series 6) from new and have had no trouble with it whatsoever. Perhaps if the California had been out when we bought our's we might have chosen that but perhaps not - we lived in ours full time for 18 months and, even now, the upholstery looks new and everything works.
I've no experience with the Lunar but no doubt other members will comment.
Good luck,
Paul

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Mike & Paul for the replies.
Sounds good for the baileys but have just spotted the Swift Conqueror 540 has a similar layout to the Indiana, looks the business with the silver sides although they are up there with the £££.
Can you guys let me know if the 2 front parrel seats in the California are the same size as the front seats in the Indiana or they a bit smaller, the rear vanity basin looks a bit cheapish in the California, im sure they could have done a nicer vanity basin than that.
Regards
Tony

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony,
I expect Mike will reply with the California measurements but the front benches on the Indiana are 1.65mtrs long but you loose 0.50mtrs because of the front chest of drawers.
Regards

Paul

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tony
I've still got my Senator s6 brochure if you need any other dimensions!

In "old money" the California bed sizes are N/S single 5'8" by 2'3" O/S single 5'3" by 2'3" making a double 6'10" by 5'3"
The Indiana bed sizes are N/S single 5'7" by 2'3" O/S single 5'9" by 2'3" making a double 6'10" by 4'0" (as Paul says some is lost because of the chest of drawers.
Regards
Mike

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Guys foir that info, we have taken those measurements onboard, its like six of one and half a dozen of another in so much do you want a side or end washroom with a slight difference in seats lengths.
Oh well decisions decisions.
Regards
Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts