Bailey Senator IndianaV Bailey Pageant Burgundy

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
We are thinking of buying a new caravan, both of the above have the same layout apart from 4" wider & 100Kg more[indiana}. Is the Indiana worth £2520 more .We are very lucky to have a towcar that will pull the bigger of the two.

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Roger

we had this decision a couple of years ago and went for the Burgundy. We are happy with our choice and think the 4 inches difference in width is probably most noticeable in the shower/toilet. We do prefer to shower in the caravan but can cope fine with it.

Just a thought but quite a few people are trading in their Indiana for the new Louisiana and you could pick up a 12 month old one for the same cost as a new Burgundy.

Good luck whichever you choose!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does it have to be a Bailey?

There are similar layouts with other manufacturers and judging by recent posts on other topics, Bailey aren't fairing too good in the quality stakes.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Roger,

Before you take the plunge, have you had a look at Swift caravans. We considered Bailey for our next van, but kept with Swift as, like Ian, we found the build quality and style much better.

May 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Roger,

Before you take the plunge, have you had a look at Swift caravans. We considered Bailey for our next van, but kept with Swift as, like Ian, we found the build quality and style much better.
Hi Rodger

I have just picked up a 2008 Swift Colonsay which is based on a Charisma 555 it's 4" wider than the Bailey Burgundy and it is better equipped than the Burgundy and it was only

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Personally I don't know why people want wider and wider 'vans.

We are limited to 7ft2 by a narrow driveway, BUT I do find our 7ft2 Bailey Ranger(soon to be a Pageant) is much cosier than my parents 7ft6 Senator.

I also find my parents 'van more noticeable on the back of the car when towing through towns.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Roger,

We have the Series 5 Indiana, it is the second van we have had with the extra width and it does make a difference inside, feels much more spacious. I'm sure you are aware that the two caravans you mention have different specifications - one is a Senator, the other a Pageant, so the extra cost is not just for the extra width. The Indiana will have the ATC system fitted to the chassis, the Tracker monitoring system, and the alko wheel lock. The Burgundy, to the best of my knowledge, does not have these features. I'm sure there will be other differences.

At the end of the day it is down to personal preference, is there a dealer close by you where you could look at both models and get a direct comparison?

Robert

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi, when we was looking for a new van we went and looked at the indiana, wyoming, pagent i didnt like them. i didnt get the wow factor that you got with a swift. baileys remind me of the avondales because of the cream exerior and i hated the avondale so im afraid the exterior of a bailey isnt my cup of tea.

some will agree with me but some wont.

jo-anne

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Fab, trust me, the extra width is VERY useful when trying to negotiate two Labradors sprawled out on the floor! Also, the drawers of the front chest open without fouling the seat cushions.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roger

I had a series 5 Pageant and recently moved up to the Senator s6 Wyoming. There is a big big difference. May I suggest you draw up your own scoring matrix and compare exactly what you do get from each model and exactly what your own expectations are.

The extra 4 inches width makes an enormous difference to the available space.

As for Swift I very nearly went for the Swift Conqueror. On my matrix it narrowly missed out to the Wyoming. The front seats for example were a lot shorter on the Swift.

Maybe , another factor to consider is that the Conq was nearly

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
We looked at both vans at GMEX; the extra width is very noticable.

Kit levels and weights cost more - and use more fuel. We preferred the upholstery and space in the Indiana (S5). If you can manhandle only the Pageant but cannot manage the heavier Indiana and need a Motor Mover or the like, then the added cost (

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bigfoot

That's odd. In our Wyoming you can hang the "free" tv on the rotating wall panel or have it free standing.

Cheers

Alan

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Does it have to be a Bailey?

There are similar layouts with other manufacturers and judging by recent posts on other topics, Bailey aren't fairing too good in the quality stakes.
We went the other way. We had a Bailey and changed to Swift group for the layout. When we decided this was not ideal, we went back to Bailey as we had not appreciated damp problems at first service nor bits dropping off left right and centre.

Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts