Bailey senator wyoming series 6

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi im just looking for info
Im thinking of buying the title caravan 2009 is there anything i should look out for issue's etc and how does it tow
Thanks in advance

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi and welcome Spider. We used to have an Arizona and it was great. If it's dry it should be good.

John

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Thanks šŸ‘ i wont know until the weekend
The reason i asked is it has to be a fixed bed and i recall alot of the pageant series were nearly all damp getting in and haven't really found much about the wyoming series hopefully fingers crossed it will all be ok as its a big chunk of money at this time for us

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks šŸ‘ i wont know until the weekend
The reason i asked is it has to be a fixed bed and i recall alot of the pageant series were nearly all damp getting in and haven't really found much about the wyoming series hopefully fingers crossed it will all be ok as its a big chunk of money at this time for us
I had a Pageant Bordeaux 2005 which I sold in 2014 did not have any damp problems. But the early a series 5 were affected by cracks on front and rear panels across the roof - panel joint. This was a manufacturing issue which Bailey resolved for build and affected vans had new panels under warranty. Iā€™d go as far as saying that Series 5 was our best ever caravan.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for your reply we had a elddis 534 2006 which we loved but the window seal went so we sold it hence why were not going that old again it was a cracking van though also I've read somewhere that a motor mover isnt really nessasary with it being the twin axles, it would be a plus but not worth the out lay ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply we had a elddis 534 2006 which we loved but the window seal went so we sold it hence why were not going that old again it was a cracking van though also I've read somewhere that a motor mover isnt really nessasary with it being the twin axles, it would be a plus but not worth the out lay ?
A window seal isnā€™t a complex job and as they age some will leak. The trick is to spot water ingress early by periodic checks with a damp meter.

I canā€™t understand why a twin axle would not benefit from a motor mover.

Reactions: Spider10
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
They can have issues with damp around the front windows. The holes for the screws were not drilled/countersunk correctly causing cracks/crazing around them and leading to water ingress.
Paint oxidises badly and needs a good machine polish to get it back to shiny.
Nice vans though, but heavy !

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
The weight and size difference isn't that much tbh
As for motor movers i heard they find it hard to turn a twin axle as they scrub ?
All news to me tbh i just thought they tow better ,probably abit ott for only 2 of us

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The weight and size difference isn't that much tbh
As for motor movers i heard they find it hard to turn a twin axle as they scrub ?
All news to me tbh i just thought they tow better ,probably abit ott for only 2 of us
There are other Forum members with TA and only the two use it. Itā€™s not OTT to like comfort and space.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We bought our twin axle for the extra space when our kids turned in to teens and outgrew the bunk beds in our old van.
They are 16 and 19 now and don't come away with us as much as they used to, but on the occasions we go away without them we love the extra space and the fixed bed.
We are probably at the point where we could downsize but have decided that we like the T/A too much

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That was our conclusion aswell hense fixed bed im glad no 1 else thinks were daft buying such a nice (large) van šŸ˜€
Our caravan is t/a with a fixed bed and end washroom.
There are just the two of us, and the extra room inside allows us to stretch out on the front benches if we feel like relaxing, we're not dependent on the site shower block because there's plenty of room in the washroom and at bedtime there's no hassle with making a bed up from seat cushions.
I had a motor mover fitted a couple of years ago which helps when I manoeuvre into the barn where the caravan is stored.
The turning circle isn't the tightest, but it does the job for me.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a Wyoming, probably the best van we have had so far, ours had L shape front lounge, which could be challenging at meal times, and when watching television, but other than the radio failing, which was replaced under warranty no problems in the 5 years we kept it. Ours came with barbecue point on the offside, so dealer fitted one on the nearside as well. when we changed it was sold by the dealer before we left with our new van. I think they were one of the best that Bailey made, and the last before they changed to Alu tech construction. We had mover fitted on front wheels only, some scrubbing if I tried to turn too tight but no other problems, just took longer than a single axle.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Had our Series 6 Wyoming from new 15 years ago. Still ticks all the boxes. Five years ago I replaced the N/S/F awning rail and front roof strap. Two front window seals changed. All watertight and damp freešŸ¤ž. The BCA charger failed, replaced with a hi tech one from Apuljack. The Thetford grill has failed twice , blocked jet. Most taps changed and always carry a spare 3 way tap for the water system. Otherwise sheā€™s in good fettle. Our Powrtouch mover works on one axle. Does the job well but slower than an SA. We used to change caravans every 4 years but 15 years on the Wyoming is still a star performeršŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome Spider we use to own a Bailey Ranger 460/4 that had a fixed bed but it was damp free and in nice condition so good luck when you see the caravan .

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This is the van
The advert doesnā€™t mention time of ownership, service history or any recent damp survey. The latter being particularly important. I would not bid without a recent damp survey report as a minimum, plus a very good check on ownership, and recent service history, age of tyres. A AWS technician check would cover most things relating to its condition but of course on EBay time often doesnā€™t allow. To be blunt unless you have the necessary ticks in the box donā€™t bid.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Owned for 3 year's, serviced last year aswell as damp report done at the same time ,not sure on tyre's,
I agree ebay isn't the best option to buy but as mentioned earlier in the thread some dealer's are as bad or even worse ,im not doing anything before i view ,plus i think it may be a duff add as from what ive seen its Ā£2k too cheap

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The advert doesnā€™t mention time of ownership, service history or any recent damp survey. The latter being particularly important. I would not bid without a recent damp survey report as a minimum, plus a very good check on ownership, and recent service history, age of tyres. A AWS technician check would cover most things relating to its condition but of course on EBay time often doesnā€™t allow. To be blunt unless you have the necessary ticks in the box donā€™t bid.
Spider,
Fully agree with Clive. Iā€™d want to see the last five damp test readings year on year, proof of annual service etc. water ingress if not caught early can lead to needing a whole front end rebuild. A long but possible diy job or circa Ā£3k professionally. Most leaks come from the items I mentioned earlier plus sometimes the top of the front windows. No worse than any other makes and if dealt with early no long term damage. Hence my and Cliveā€™s concern about the FSH, essentialšŸ˜Ž

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Spider,
Fully agree with Clive. Iā€™d want to see the last five damp test readings year on year, proof of annual service etc. water ingress if not caught early can lead to needing a whole front end rebuild. A long but possible diy job or circa Ā£3k professionally. Most leaks come from the items I mentioned earlier plus sometimes the top of the front windows. No worse than any other makes and if dealt with early no long term damage. Hence my and Cliveā€™s concern about the FSH, essentialšŸ˜Ž
Thanks for your reply i do agree with you on the history etc i have my own concerns hence i joined this friendly forum for opinions im in no rush to buy as we've been away this year already but we miss our own van if truth be known personally I think vans prices will fall in a couple of months when the season ends ,or maybe it's just me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts