Bailey Tracker

Mar 26, 2022
Visit site
I have just rejoined this forum after a few years away so it will seem like i am a new member. PLEASE i need help as i am now getting desperate .
Caravan is a 2009 bailey Senator 6 California. The problem i have is the tracker fitted by Bailey when manufactured is now drawing excessive current of my leisure battery and flattening within a week even with a 20w solar panel fit, i presume this is due to the Tracker battery now being u/s as it has never been changed since i bought it 13 years ago,
i know this is a sensitive question so not expecting delicate info to be given openly but if any body could PM i would be grateful, I am trying to locate the tracker unit in order to replace the battery which i believe is ready available (Tracker want nearly £200 to do it) . i go away in a few weeks time on a non EHU site so could do with sorting this soon,
i have checked back through various post and got some hints as to where it may be but no luck and as the post are quite a few years old i dont know if the members are still active, a few have said to remove the fuse and let it disable itself but if possible i would like to keep using it, plus i have paid for a lifetime subscription so want my moneys worth, as I said not expecting answers on here but if any can help me find it i would be very happy , if you could message me as it is now doing my head in not being able to find it, Thank Duncan

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Best thing is to contact Bailey directly - I had a similar issue with my Lunar Clubman ES and persuaded Lunar to tell me where the Tracker was located, with the proviso that I don't tell anyone else.
Roger is correct about contacting Bailey. You wil need to jump through many hoops to prove that you are the genuine owner etc.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Two ways of finding it:
Find the siren and follow the wires;
Look for a panel or box that didn't ought to be there.
There are only a few places that you can hide a tracker. The unit itself is not too big but in your case it will have a 12V 7A/h battery close by (which will doubtless be hot and bulging) and that does take a bit of space. The battery is gel lead-acid so doesn't have to be horizontal.
You are at least in a better position than the modern unit as my van has which is now a small slim box with internal Li-ion batteries and thus much more easily concealed.

Reactions: 2 Barnes &1 dog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
A 20 amp charger may not be enough to keep the tracker running down the battery. It possibly comes down to what quality you have but also if it is positioned to get the most of any sun in Winter, but a bigger one might be the answer. I doubt Bailey will want to reveal the location of the tracker though, and the location might not even be consistent, as a security measure. If you do locate it do not publish this as it should not become common knowledge.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A 20 amp charger may not be enough to keep the tracker running down the battery. It possibly comes down to what quality you have but also if it is positioned to get the most of any sun in Winter, but a bigger one might be the answer. I doubt Bailey will want to reveal the location of the tracker though, and the location might not even be consistent, as a security measure. If you do locate it do not publish this as it should not become common knowledge.
If a 20A charger is too small to keep a battery charged whilst in storage something is very wrong... I think you mean a 20W charger, but even this is over 1.5A and should be more than enough providing there are no faults.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I know where the Tracker will be and its easy to find but I don't know who the OP is or if it is even his caravan so I will not say. Unfortunately there are plenty of people around these days who will try to get hold of info such as this and then use it as a means of theft.
Does this forum even allow private messaging?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I know where the Tracker will be and its easy to find but I don't know who the OP is or if it is even his caravan so I will not say. Unfortunately there are plenty of people around these days who will try to get hold of info such as this and then use it as a means of theft.
Yes the Forum does allow private messaging. The envelope at the top gives the facility.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’d dispute it being easy to find because there are several locations that were used some of which are not at all easy, there are also various ways it can have been fitted, assuming it’s an actual tracker network device it could have been fitted at the time the caravan was built or it may have been fitted by a licensed tracker engineer.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Soŕry folks, given half an hour, and anyone could find a tracker. A caravan is not that big, and most thieves will know where they are anyway. Follow the wires.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Soŕry folks, given half an hour, and anyone could find a tracker. A caravan is not that big, and most thieves will know where they are anyway. Follow the wires.
Your a bit off the mark hutch, much depends on the fitter, I could fit one that you would never find and you’d be surprised how difficult they can be hidden.

BP

Mar 26, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for your reply and I totally understand where you are coming from as I would be cautious about giving out sensitive information without knowing there background, as for these people who say it is easyto find I have been caravaning for over 50 years so have been around a few caravans but I bloody can’t find and now getting desperate.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Follow the wires from the battery . Until you find the tracker battery,

Sorry if your caravan is stolen, do you , really want it back. ?

Mar 26, 2022
Visit site
With regards the replies regarding the solar panel I used a much smaller number plate size panel approximately 5watt for 12 years since I bought the van and everything was fine, since starting to have problems I then went to a larger panel. Following investigations I have now found that the tracker is drawing more than 0.5 amps of power all the time.

Mar 26, 2022
Visit site
If anybody does know the correct location I am quite prepared to upload photos of my purchase receipt and tracker paperwork if it helps to convince some body I am genuine

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I had a Phantom tracker, it worked well but drained the caravan battery within 5 weeks. Contacted Phantom, and they reprogramed the unit. Remotley. 2 months of tracker, on their battery. . . Easy to find unit.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Follow the wires from the battery . Until you find the tracker battery,

Sorry if your caravan is stolen, do you , really want it back. ?
The whole point of the tracker is that if it is recovered it will be before the thieves have had time to do anything with it. They can even be recovered before the thieves reach their destination although the Police have been known to simply follow the signal until it stops to see just who they can then get. The other thing that happens is that the thieves having stolen it leave it a couple of days in a public place to see if anything happens so again if the tracker works you get the caravan back untouched. The ones that have been touched tend to be the ones discovered more by luck and they are the ones with no tracker.
Following the wires to find the tracker does take time and thieves want a quick getaway so ae not going to do that.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The whole point of the tracker is that if it is recovered it will be before the thieves have had time to do anything with it. They can even be recovered before the thieves reach their destination although the Police have been known to simply follow the signal until it stops to see just who they can then get. The other thing that happens is that the thieves having stolen it leave it a couple of days in a public place to see if anything happens so again if the tracker works you get the caravan back untouched. The ones that have been touched tend to be the ones discovered more by luck and they are the ones with no tracker.
Following the wires to find the tracker does take time and thieves want a quick getaway so ae not going to do that.

Those are the main reasons why we keep our Phantom tracker activated as it is proactive and notifies you the moment anyone interfers with the caravan.

The other type of Tracker is reactive and does no notify you and you need to notify them if the caravan is stolen.

If the caravan is in storage it may be days before anyone realises the caravan is missing so it is as good as a wet paper bag! Probably not worth bothering with renewing any subscription if it is not a Phantom tracker?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Given the age of this caravan it is almost certainly one of the earlier models (as fitted as standard on our 2010 Pegasus 462) which is reactive in as much as if you tow with the alarm armed after about 10-15mins moving the alarm will sound and Tracker will ring you.

Incidentally many people don't know that instead of paying an annual fee you can pay a single fee that keeps the Tracker active as long as you have the van. It used to cost the equivalent of about 2½ years fee but ISTR that at one time it could be done through the CMC (then CC) at lesser cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts