barnard castle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
heading there at the weekend but am unsure about going through the town centre and over the narrow bridge.has anyone been through and is it okay for caravans?

cheers in advance

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Hello Steven , you should be Ok the bridge into Barney is controlled with traffic lights an dafter that the roads are well wide good luck. Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steven - coming trough the town you will have no problems at all, the only very slightly difficult is at the round house which forms part of a small roundabout. at the bottom of the bank you will turn right and about 200yds. along you will come to the bridge and if the lights are green give a reasonable wide RH turn and you will have no problem. if you are turning left or right the traffic is kept well right as some large vehicles used to use the bridge at one time (although from memory a weight restriction prohibits large HGV vehicles.)

I have used the bridge for many years towing and have never had a problem. good luck but I am sure you won't need it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steven - coming trough the town you will have no problems at all, the only very slightly difficult is at the round house which forms part of a small roundabout. at the bottom of the bank you will turn right and about 200yds. along you will come to the bridge and if the lights are green give a reasonable wide RH turn and you will have no problem. if you are turning left or right the traffic is kept well right as some large vehicles used to use the bridge at one time (although from memory a weight restriction prohibits large HGV vehicles.)

I have used the bridge for many years towing and have never had a problem. good luck but I am sure you won't need it.
Sorry Steven - should have said LH turn at the bridge. sorry for the mistake.

TRENDING THREADS