Battery chargers, is there normally a switch?

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I was doing a few jobs on my Lunar today on the storage yard with the EHU connected to a generator. I've been fretting a bit because the voltage on the control panel was only reading 12.8V. Normally it shows about 14 on EHU. I'm now paranoid about a possible issue with the charger. I was only using a socket for tools and hoover, it only occurred to me on the way home that I hadn't turned any of the master switches on. There are four switches in total, I know that one is for the water pump, one for the space heater and one for the water heater, which leaves one. I'm sure I vaguely recall during the handover the dealer saying one of them is for the battery charger... I suppose the only way to know for certain is to go over there again tomorrow and check but I'm trying to avoid another trip at 45 mins each way, plus faffing around with gates etc and put my mind at rest at the same time...

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was doing a few jobs on my Lunar today on the storage yard with the EHU connected to a generator. I've been fretting a bit because the voltage on the control panel was only reading 12.8V. Normally it shows about 14 on EHU. I'm now paranoid about a possible issue with the charger. I was only using a socket for tools and hoover, it only occurred to me on the way home that I hadn't turned any of the master switches on. There are four switches in total, I know that one is for the water pump, one for the space heater and one for the water heater, which leaves one. I'm sure I vaguely recall during the handover the dealer saying one of them is for the battery charger... I suppose the only way to know for certain is to go over there again tomorrow and check but I'm trying to avoid another trip at 45 mins each way, plus faffing around with gates etc and put my mind at rest at the same time...
My Swift had switches and one was battery charging along with the water heater, and space heater. The water pump was switched from the soft touch panel above the door.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Both Bailey caravans I've owned didn't have a switch for the charger so I fitted one.

Swift I have now does but its under the bunk.

Never had a lunar so can't say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts