Battery help please

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please. We are away in our swift challenger 500. On return from a day out the lights were dull & fridge showing spanner, on checking battery display on the ac50 power control panel it showed battery in the red even though we are on ehu.
We know ehu working fine & power lead as tried a different one. We checked all fuses in cupboard & all fine.
So bought a new leisure battery 105ah and was fine the whole day/night. Went out for the day got back & again lights dull again, battery showing in red if just one light on, goes to amber with all lights off & just tv on.?

Seems that even though we on ehu, it is still not charging batter.Any ideas why.?

Need basic advice please as very novice to this.

Many thanks

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi sorry to sound stupid but where is the battery charger.?
We did not switch any thing off just used as usual.

Had. Aravan for couple of years now & not experienced this before.

We have the switch on caravan not car.

Switched everything off completely overnight apart from fridge & battery now in low red.?

Thanks

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
You should have a main switch where you pur the main power on ( mine's under the seats at the front ) but you should have some kind of silver box which looks a bit like this on mine , yours could be different and housed in a sort of plastic boxing or something like that

That's mine hanging off yesterday when I was in emptying the van but it's now secure like the top picture .

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
We checked under bed behind battery box & nothing their.
We have fuse box in cupboard photo below.
We have the rocker switch on charger all the time (off at moment as disconnected battery to put on charge).

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
D192-D0-CE-1908-4269-AB47-594-EE890-ACF8.jpg

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear, unfortunately you have the infamous Nordelettronica system which is well known for being very problematic.
There were so many failures of this particular system that it bankrupted the company that made them !!!

However, there is hope.

If you contact Paul at Apuljack Engineering he will be able to help by repairing your unit to better than new, but it will entail sending items to him, and I think that will be the large unit as per your photo.

He will talk you through some checks to make and advise what needs doing, and he is THE best with these units.

See here to contact : http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/

Looking at your photo you have all the red switches in the OFF position , presumably you have had them in the ON position? and nothing changed?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As an afterthought, if you are away still, to get you through the holiday, get a battery charger and connect it to the battery to charge it up.

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Yes they were on the on position with the black rocker one set to van position.

Only off currently as battery disconnected as being charged we managed to borrow a charger.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can leave the battery connected and the charger connected, it will not do any harm and all the van items are still usable.Just leave the charger switch in the van OFF
If you have the old battery, which is probably OK, you could charge that again and swap batteries over as one becomes discharged.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts