BBC local news

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
On my local TV news last night there was an article relating to Dover. The events reported happened during the day but the BBC deemed it necessary to perch a reporter on the cliff overlooking the docks. It was pouring with rain and blowing a gale, hence the reporter was drenched, the sound was iffy and the camera lens splattered with raindrops. The report could just as easily have been read out by the in-studio newsreader. On my way home I frequently see the same crew of reporter, camera man and sound man outside of the Kent police HQ (together with a van and car)reporting a statement given by the police earlier in the day. Again, why not have the newsreader report it? The BBC still don't seem to understand the concept of saving licence payer's money.
smiley-yell.gif

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Ah but when the reporter is leaning into the teeth of a gale, hardly able to stand, with the rain lashing down they think it gives the report gravitas.
On our local news they have two newsreaders, one of which will start a sentence and the second newsreader will then give another sentence about it, when it could all be said by one person. Lincolnshire local news has one person reading it all and it works ok.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Totally irresponsible reporting. There have been half a dozen deaths since November from people getting too close to sea fronts, river edges whilst we have experienced this awfully wet winter and being washed into the sea/rivers. If people see very large waves and for some bizarre reason are drawn towards them without realising the power of water and the risks this poses. It doesn't help therefore if people see a reporter close to the waterfront reporting on these extreme events.

TRENDING THREADS