BBQ grill mats

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Tonight is BBQ night number 1 of 2021 using Cadac. We have received some rib eye steaks from Scotland courtesy of a friend who I accompanied into hospital last week, as his wife cannot drive until some weeks after her recent knee replacement. I recall seeing in a magazine bbq mats that are suitable for charcoal grills. Normally at home I use a charcoal bbq but the metal grill can get grungie which will transfer to the food. So a grill mat could be a big help. Anyone any recommendations please.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have used one of the Amazon ones on the Cadac, but you seem to mention Cadac and then grungy grills suggesting charcoal. Bit confused there. The Amazon mat worked very well, however, we use the Skottl more than anything and I use Cadacs Skottl Liner for that and have done for donkeys years. The Cadac variant is excellent and usually lasts the whole season.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We dumped our Skottel years ago as a real hassle to clean and these mats were not available. We use them mainly for baking bread although our friend uses them on a charcoal BBQ with no ill effect. We are not bothered with using it on a charcoal BBQ as prefer the flavour.

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
They are great but.. top tip heat the mat up without food on board, it will get rid of the manufacturer's muck. if you don't the 'taste' transfer to the food. Yuk!

Sorry wrong post should be under BBQ mats

Doh.
Moderator Edit:
Moved from another thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
They are great but.. top tip heat the mat up without food on board, it will get rid of the manufacturer's muck. if you don't the 'taste' transfer to the food. Yuk!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Sorry wrong post should be under BBQ mats

Doh.
Moderator Edit:
Moved from another thread
Might buy some of these BBQ Mats and see what they are like

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Bought some off amazon 2 years ago, a pack of three just the size for the cadac. Still on the first one going strong and working well. Cleaning its a breeze and the The Cadac stays clean and never noticed any smell or taste from the mat.

Wouldn't be without them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Bought some off amazon 2 years ago, a pack of three just the size for the cadac. Still on the first one going strong and working well. Cleaning its a breeze and the The Cadac stays clean and never noticed any smell or taste from the mat.

Wouldn't be without them.
Looks like I be buying some of Amazon when needed :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Using a mat you might as well use a frying pan. We do use them at home for baking, but would never dream of using one on a charcoal BBQ as what is then the point of having a BBQ?
It also amuses me when people use a frying pan called a Cadac for a BBQ. :D
However if it makes every one happy whatever they use to cook that is all that counts in my book. LOL!

Reactions: Johnb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts