Been to Callow Top, (whats the fuss bout the hill)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive just come back from callow top in derbyshire a week or so ago and was surprised to see the HILL everybody warned me about. it was fine absolutly fine, i selected a low gear and just crawled up the hill no wheel spinning or nothing and the blind railway bend was a doddle people coming in to the park take a wide left so you are sorted.

im not saying im the best driver in the world cause im not but i spent two weeks worrying about this only to be relaxed and happy when i saw and tackled it.

NOW!!!!!!! the walk down the field to the Tissington Trail was another thing im sure im gonna die early now cause of the walk back up

davie

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It is a lot better than it used to be because after the bridge you had to turn right followed by a sharp left up the hill which was fine in the dry but in the wet with front wheel drive not so good,they have sorted this out,also the access onto the road has been improved previously it was not on a plateau but a big hill start onto the very fast road with poor vision.

Yes I know what you mean about the walk from the trail now that is a hill so much so that last timw we went and had walked into Ashborne I cheated and got a taxi back!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts