Berlin/Potsdam

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
When we went to Berlin we stayed at Camping Sanssouci-Gaisberg in Potsdam. It's a relatively quiet site and reasonably convenient for day trips into Berlin without the caravan. I'd advise leaving the car on the outskirts though and go in by public transport as you now need an emissions sticker to be allowed into the city. Check here for details. While such a sticker is not costly (only a couple of Euros), it does mean that you would have take your car and registration documents to a German MOT test centre first, once you've entered Germany, as foreign registered vehicles are NOT exempt from the requirement.

By the way, the following cities in Germany have already adopted this requirement:

Berlin

Dortmund

Hannover

Ilsfeld

Cologne

Leonberg

Ludwigsburg

Mannheim

Reutlingen

Schw

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz

Thanks for the details of the campsite. Camping Sanssouci was on the list although a tad expensive I thought at _29 a night!

I assume you are referring to the Umwelt Plakette? if so I already have one. For anyone going to Germany they are available online but at a price! Far cheaper to get it in Germany but I was concern whether my limited German would get me tied in knots. However I don't think we would actually take the car into Berlin, preferring instead to use the no doubt excellent public transport.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
As Lutz has alreay written, Camping Sanssouci-Gaisberg in Potsdam is an excellent location for exploring the garden city of Potsdam and Berlin. See http://www.kdmercer.co.uk/Caravan_Touring.html#Tour_of_Germany_2007 for brief details of our visit there last year. Yes, the site is a tad expensive (even more so given the way the

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts