Best route to Pandy

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
I'm going to the Caravan Club site at Pandy (near Abergavenny)this weekend. The CC recommends avoid travelling through Abergavenny to get to this site, but as I will be approaching from the M50 and there isn't a very good alternative (as far not wanting to add to the distance travelled too much) can anyone recommend a route (via M50)?

I don't know the area, is avoiding travelling via Abergavenny really good advice?

Alternatively, I could approach from the opposite direction using A roads from Bewdley, but as the roads are not as fast as the motorway, is it really worth it?

Advice appreciated.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Timothy you don't have to enter Abergavenny. Come down the M50 to Ross where it ends but continues as the A40 dual carriageway.

At Raglan the A40 veers off to the right (follow the signs for Abergavenny). On entering the large roundabout on the outskirts of Abergavenny follow the A465 Hereford signs. The Pandy site is approx. 7 miles on the left.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
"At Raglan the A40 veers off to the right "

obviously you exit left but the A40 then crosses the dual carriageway that has now become the A449. It sounds confusing I know but it isn't. Just follow the signs A40 Abergavenny.

G

Hi Timothy,

Just got back from Pandy myself this weekend. What did you think of the place? and, as I'm nosey...which one were you? ;)

Simon and Sally

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Timothy,

Just got back from Pandy myself this weekend. What did you think of the place? and, as I'm nosey...which one were you? ;)

Simon and Sally
Last minute decision on Friday - didn't go!

Family ill health, mother-in-law and cat.

Taking her to the vet for the big sleep (the cat not the m-i-l), she has had 18 good years but unfortunatley she's started to fall apart over the last couple of months.

Referring to previous post, HIM, Peter brierly bonk, did say take the M50, but didn't point out that there is a route around Abergavenny, and as I have never visited the area I wanted confirmation.

I have now made 3 cc site bookings so far this year and I have cancelled everyone, the 'Make the cancellers pay' protagonists on this forum would love to get their hands on me!

Decided to stay at home in April, can't find a last minute booking, so the garden will benefit from the attention instead.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last minute decision on Friday - didn't go!

Family ill health, mother-in-law and cat.

Taking her to the vet for the big sleep (the cat not the m-i-l), she has had 18 good years but unfortunatley she's started to fall apart over the last couple of months.

Referring to previous post, HIM, Peter brierly bonk, did say take the M50, but didn't point out that there is a route around Abergavenny, and as I have never visited the area I wanted confirmation.

I have now made 3 cc site bookings so far this year and I have cancelled everyone, the 'Make the cancellers pay' protagonists on this forum would love to get their hands on me!

Decided to stay at home in April, can't find a last minute booking, so the garden will benefit from the attention instead.
come and do ours as well please

Peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts