Best way to fit 2 Alko wheel locks

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone give me advise on fitting a pair of Alko wheel locks and levelling the caravan ?

What is the best way to level my caravan and fit the 2 locks. I have a
Lock n level (twin) but unless l want to raise and lock the wheels on the near side l can't work out what is best to use on the off side to raise the caravan.

What are your suggestions please

Thank you
Graham

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Laser173 said:
Can anyone give me advise on fitting a pair of Alko wheel locks and levelling the caravan ?
What is the best way to level my caravan and fit the 2 locks. I have a
Lock n level (twin) but unless l want to raise and lock the wheels on the near side l can't work out what is best to use on the off side to raise the caravan.
What are your suggestions please
Thank you
Graham

Why don't you watch the very informative video the Lock 'n Level page? We used to pull the caravan onto the bags and aligning up the rear lock. Once that was done, as the front wheel of the caravan was off the ground we rotated it until it line up to fit the second lock. Then we inflated the bag under that wheel.
Later we asked the insurance company if it was acceptable to fit the rear ALKO lock and a sold secure wheel lock. This was acceptable and we still got the discount.

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi Buckman

Thank you for your reply
I have watched the video and don't have a problem fitting the wheel locks. The question l was asking was once l have attached the alko wheel locks how best do l level the caravan if the opposite side of the van to the locks needs raising if the lock n level is under the other side wheels?

I will speak to the insurance company about using only 1 lock.

Thank you
Graham

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I get the caravan level first adding planks to either o/s or N/s.
Then jack up n/s. Fit both locks. Lower jack. Sorted.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Laser173 said:
Hi Buckman

Thank you for your reply
I have watched the video and don't have a problem fitting the wheel locks. The question l was asking was once l have attached the alko wheel locks how best do l level the caravan if the opposite side of the van to the locks needs raising if the lock n level is under the other side wheels?

I will speak to the insurance company about using only 1 lock.

Thank you
Graham

Don't inflate the bags to their limit. Inflate them until they level the caravan with the offside.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts