Betws-Y-Coed or Woolacombe ( Any reviews please) ?

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We are thinking of having a few days away in the Oct half term and was considering either Riverside in Betws-Y-Coed or Barton Damage in Woolacombe. Has anyone been to these sites and if so what would your reviews on them be please?

Many thanks,

Jonah.

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Jonah,

We stopped at Willingcot back in the wettest week in the Summer. In desperation to escape the mud I went to Damage Barton a mile or so away to try and swap sites. It was fully booked but I had a good look around. It a well kept very open site. Wash block etc seemed new. Others have commented in the past, on this forum, that due it exposed location the wind can be an issue. Willingcot was awash with mud but Damage Barton was coping well. it was a fair bit more expensive than the CC site. The site appeared to be split into three sections C&CC, CC and direct bookings.

Cheers and here's hoping for a dry half term!!

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Just come back from a week at Damage Barton,absolutely great spotless shower block,really good shop and fantastic views.The site is split into two one for cc one for c&cc. Can be a little blowy at times. good site for walking and cycling. Bus stops right outside the entrance if you don't want to drive. most important Fish & Chip van on Monday evening superb.

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
jonah, We stayed at Betws-Y Coed site a few weeks ago, You dont get to pick your own pitch, we were there only for the weekend and was put at the far end of the site the furthest point from the toilet block, it is extra for an awning, extra for a dog extra for a second car which must be left on the car park near the entrance,it is the dearest weekend I have ever spent on any site. Oh the toilet/shower block cant be faulted but I will never ever go there again. J.Lo

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou Glen's mate, Stephen and J.Lo for your replies - much appreciated. We have decided to book up with Barton Damage in Woolacombe. Thanks again.

Jonah.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts