Beware the Christmas New Year car sales.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A local main dealer is offering a nice 3 series diesel for £16995 in their sale. A reduction of £750. But as it’s on one of my dog walking routes I have noticed it parked on the front of their used vehicle area. A month ago it was £16495 then went up two weeks before Christmas to £17745. Ah I thought that’s now priced for a great Christmas New Year sales offer. As they say “leopards do not change their spots“

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have been trying to teach my wife that lesson which happens in ALL types sales. But it makes no difference. She gets led blindly in by price reductions continually.

I made a purchase recently. List price £349.96. Deal price today is, £299. I bought it as a Black Friday deal for £249. Then got VAT relief off that.

I feel sure that the company still made a profit.

Then there is Bog Ofs!

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Never trust a price reduction unless you know it is genuine. That might be illegal though and you could report it to Trading Standards.
As I see it the higher prices quoted in many cases are fictional and no one sells at that price. You will see alleged discounts on all the things on sale in some shops, so you know that they cannot be real.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have been trying to teach my wife that lesson which happens in ALL types sales. But it makes no difference. She gets led blindly in by price reductions continually.

I made a purchase recently. List price £349.96. Deal price today is, £299. I bought it as a Black Friday deal for £249. Then got VAT relief off that.

Then there is Bog Ofs!

John
In Tesco there was a BOGOF for £10. The previous week they were selling at £4.99 each!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In Tesco there was a BOGOF for £10. The previous week they were selling at £4.99 each!
Well today’s purchase of MS cotton and tencel underpants at £15 down from £24 for three pairs was genuine as they’ve not been that price as long as Ive been perusing. Last of the big spenders here trying hard to regenerate the high street. And they can be collected free from the local Food Hall 20 minutes walk. Win win all round.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Then there is Bog Ofs!

John
Hi Jloughie,
You can bet your boots they still make a profit,I reckon shops/traders only pay a third of the price they sell it for.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts