Blackshaw Moor cc site

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Blackshaw Moor C.c. site is an excellent site. The site is on 3 or 4 levels going up the hillside. Toilet blocks are usual C.C. standard. Pitches large and easy to pitch on.

There is a good pub within walking distance, about 200 yards.

Good walking country and not far to Buxton and the Peak district.

Hamer

G

As mentioned it is indeed a good site. Just a couple of points.

It has a one way system so although a lot of users occupy the ground level, when you leave you should?? go up the hill and round. Also, and I admit with regret, it has been the only site where I was stopped for speeding. I didn't think it was that fast but I do admit it was over the 10 mph limit. I apologised and was allowed to go about my business. Felt I was back at school, but they were correct.

Leek is pretty town as well.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
The site is as has been said up to the usuall club standards and very well kept.

However when we visited my sister came with us in her van and brought her 3 lads aged 9 11 and 13, now i don't agree with balls near vans at all and i warned the lads not to use theire football near any vans which they understood but the warden still found it necessary to come over and quite abrubtly warn them that the football was not to be used unless in the play area which is all of 20 foot square.

So off they went, 10 minuites later the warden was banging on my door complaining that as i had booked the two pitches i was responsible for the lads who he said where kicking the ball over the wall of the play area deliberatly, when we went over with the warden to tell them another vanner came out and said they had not done it deliberately the ball had only come over once and it was an accident, the warden shrugged his shoulders walked off and scorned "no ball games".

all weekend we felt we where being watched by this little man and when we asked if the pitch was available for a late stay we got a very quick NO despite the site being 75 % empty.

If you are taking kids then i would say theire are much more child friendly club sites than leek but if you are just adults then i am sure you will be made welcome.

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Stayed there recently and agree with above posts.

Something to bear in mind though is we arrived on a sunday and pitched on the lower level by the hedge,nice big well spaced pitches.

Monday morning the roar of wagons and cars on the other side of the hedge shook the van.

Otherwise v good and the carvery in the pub close by is superb.

Enjoy

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
The site is as has been said up to the usuall club standards and very well kept.

However when we visited my sister came with us in her van and brought her 3 lads aged 9 11 and 13, now i don't agree with balls near vans at all and i warned the lads not to use theire football near any vans which they understood but the warden still found it necessary to come over and quite abrubtly warn them that the football was not to be used unless in the play area which is all of 20 foot square.

So off they went, 10 minuites later the warden was banging on my door complaining that as i had booked the two pitches i was responsible for the lads who he said where kicking the ball over the wall of the play area deliberatly, when we went over with the warden to tell them another vanner came out and said they had not done it deliberately the ball had only come over once and it was an accident, the warden shrugged his shoulders walked off and scorned "no ball games".

all weekend we felt we where being watched by this little man and when we asked if the pitch was available for a late stay we got a very quick NO despite the site being 75 % empty.

If you are taking kids then i would say theire are much more child friendly club sites than leek but if you are just adults then i am sure you will be made welcome.
now i am really looking forward to my break with my kids

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jane

Terrific site well spaced pitches etc. etc.

There is a lovely short walk around Tittersworth. From the site it is about 7/8 miles including there and back. If you are not into walking it's about a 3/4 mile drive along the lane past the Three Horseshoes. There is a visitors centre with a terrific tea shop, playground where buckets and spades are provided for the sand pit, masses of running about space for children and even a womping willow unless they have changed the sculptures again which they do occasionally. Their have been carved wooden animals and birds etc. The town of Leek has a terrific market on Weds mornings with lots of fresh produce stalls and a WI type stall. Amongst all the usual shops are one or two very interesting antique shops and luxury goods shops. The Co-op about 1 1/2 miles from the site is good for main supplies, but Morrisons on the other side of Leek has lovely fresh, often locally sourced, fruit and vegetables and the fresh bread is great.

Hope you enjoy Blackshaw Moor.

Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

We are due to go over half term with 3 boys aged 8, 11 & 13! Can you please let me know what time of year you were there and if the site was full whilst you were visiting. Thanks, Kate

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts