Boiler, thermostat settings

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I've just come back to static caravan after a month and i def turned off water and put thermostat all the way down.
Today the heating was on really high.
What should i be doing when I leave? I'll be in it for the next month so day to day can i have boiler on a timer to come on a couple of hours a day?
If i do that how does the heating work? If i leave the thermostat at a certain temp will it only heat when the boiler is on?
I have no idea how orin they affect each other.
Its a worcester i24 jr combiner's boiler.

Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you do not have the user manual that came with the boiler, make a cup of tea and sit down and read this:

If your boiler is just the very basic unit without the optional controller interface then your options are very limited and dictated by the available controls on the boiler front panel.

It should also be noted that if you are leaving the van unattended for a period of time, such as you indicated, then everything should be turned off and the water drained in the winter.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for your reply! I had a look at the manual. I put the boiler on a timer for morning and evening but the heating seems to be on even when boiler is off and water is hot all the time too. I don’t know what’s wrong with it.

Gosh I didn’t know I should be draining the caravan. Luckily it seems fine, well aside from the constant heat.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As you are so unsure of what is happening and how the unit works the best solution is to get a Gas Safe engineer to come and look at it and explain all about it.
It is impossible to diagnose your problem on the internet , at best it would be guessing, but without being physically in front of the unit there is very little to be able to advise .

TRENDING THREADS