BP Gas light accessories

Jul 17, 2006
Visit site
Have just taken delivery of my first ever caravan. Having read all about the benefits of BP Gas Light I decided that I would fit the van out with it. Buying the bottle was easy, however getting the required accessories has not been so easy. This is probably due to me not knowing exactly what I need. The BP web site says I need a 27mm clip on adaptor and a new hose. (don't have an old one so not sure what type is required). This web site says accessories available from truma uk and directs you to their web site. However numerous enquiries with them about stockist of the equipment has only resulted in them telling me to buy my bottles from BP and no mention of the clip on adaptor or hose.

So does anyone know where I can purchase these items, and whether a normal propane hose will do the job or is there a new type out there that no-one admits to stocking.

Help please as we are due to go away for the first time next week and hot food would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Bernie

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
To BML if you have an older van without the built in regulator you can use the the 27mm regulator that comes with your first cylinder ,if you have a new van with built in regulator you need a 27mm adaptor part No 51.190.000PK obtainable from Miriad products Tel 01283586060, or web site www.miriad-products.com this adaptor screws onto the butane pigtail of the new system ,i am sure if you call miriad they put you in the right direction

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
Bernie, you don't say whether you have a new caravan, but if you do you cannot use a jubilee clip as you will need a high pressure hose to connect to the regulator which will be mounted in the gas locker.

The standard installation for gas changed about 3 years ago and if that is your type you will need a tail and the adaptor for the bottle, these have screw fittings for the connections.

Jul 17, 2006
Visit site
Bernie, you don't say whether you have a new caravan, but if you do you cannot use a jubilee clip as you will need a high pressure hose to connect to the regulator which will be mounted in the gas locker.

The standard installation for gas changed about 3 years ago and if that is your type you will need a tail and the adaptor for the bottle, these have screw fittings for the connections.
My caravan is 2 years old. The gas bottle I received doesn't appear to have an adaptor on the top??? So believe I need the adaptor and the hose.

Bernie

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
My caravan is 2 years old. The gas bottle I received doesn't appear to have an adaptor on the top??? So believe I need the adaptor and the hose.

Bernie
Yes that is correct as your regulator should be a permanent fixture in the gas locker, so you have high pressure from the cylinder to there. This is a new Euro regulation which seems a bit stupid to me, but beurocrats rule don't they?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts