Bradcot Residencia or Eurovent Montreux?

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
The search is on for my next awning!

My Sunncamp Mirage has lasted for more than 8 years. For most of its life it was only used for a week or two per year but, for the last 12 months, it's been up continuously.

It's badly faded, worn, the webbing is rotten, and it leaks like a sieve!

So - what to replace it with?

Definitely something designed for seasonal use.

I have two possibilities at the moment:

The Bradcot Residencia and the Eurovent Montreux.

The Bradcot is a very popular awning made from a breathable, coated, heavyweight polyester fabric with a substantial frame.

The Montreux is made from a very heavy PVC fabric, with cotton roof liner, and has a very substantial frame (including 9 roof poles).

The Montreux is slightly cheaper and probably more durable - but the fabric isn't breathable. Will this be a problem?

I use a clothes drier in the awning, so produce condensation during its use, but otherwise really only use the awning for storage.

Will the lack of breathability be an issue or will I not notice it? I can always unzip a panel while drying washing.

Will a PVC awning be damp, clammy and mildewy or will it be the best thing I ever buy?

Or will the Bradcot endure everything that Mother Nature can throw at it and be an infinitely pleasanter place to spend time?

Will the Montreux significantly outlast the Bradcot?

If anyone has any experience of these awnings - particularly the Montreux (I imagine lots of people have experience of the Bradcot), please share your thoughts.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

The Bradcot seems a very popular awning but I'm still drawn towards the PVC Montreux - partly because of its easy-clean, low-maintenance-ness!

Just a bit concerned about condensation.

Has anyone used a PVC awning?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Never used a PVC awning and from a condensation point of view I wouldn't want to, especially if like you I was going to be using it as a drying room. Have owned a couple of Bradcot awnings and the only really annoying thing about them is the ladder straps for pegging out. This is easily sorted by attaching with cable ties first time out.

We changed from a Bradcot to an Isabella 4/5 years ago and haven't looked back. It goes up much more easily and is without doubt better quality. Worth every penny over the Bradcot in our opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts