Breathable groundsheet

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our current groundsheet was cut to size and bought from a dealer. It does now starting toi look frayed, old and has mud stains that cannot be removed even with jetwash. Sadly dealer no longer does it by the metre. Width of our awning Isabella Magnum is 340cm with rear at about 380-400cm with depth 2.5m. I can only find groundsheets that are 2.5m x 5m. Obviously 5m is way too big.
Not sure if anyone still does cut to size groundsheets and cannot seem to find any using Google, but may be using incorrect words for search? Anyone bought a cut to size groundsheet recently?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our current groundsheet was cut to size and bought from a dealer. It does now starting toi look frayed, old and has mud stains that cannot be removed even with jetwash. Sadly dealer no longer does it by the metre. Width of our awning Isabella Magnum is 340cm with rear at about 380-400cm with depth 2.5m. I can only find groundsheets that are 2.5m x 5m. Obviously 5m is way too big.
Not sure if anyone still does cut to size groundsheets and cannot seem to find any using Google, but may be using incorrect words for search? Anyone bought a cut to size groundsheet recently?
We bought an Isabella one for our Magnum. It fitted perfectly.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I entered 'breathable groundsheet' into ebay and the top listing had matting in different sizes including both 2.5 x 3.5 and 2.5 x 4, Other listings have choice of colours too some with known brand names and some without. Try the search and see if this meets you need as I assume when fitted your awning is trapezoidal with the front slightly narrower than the back against the caravan. I bought one of this type (Maypole brand?) in 2018 and it's still going strong!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I entered 'breathable groundsheet' into ebay and the top listing had matting in different sizes including both 2.5 x 3.5 and 2.5 x 4, Other listings have choice of colours too some with known brand names and some without. Try the search and see if this meets you need as I assume when fitted your awning is trapezoidal with the front slightly narrower than the back against the caravan. I bought one of this type (Maypole brand?) in 2018 and it's still going strong!
Thanks. Had a look however only colour is blue. We would prefer a light grey. We purchased a previous groundsheet from the same company Olpro as they are almost across the road from us.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A slight move on the thread, we have the Jigsaw mats, just about 50 cms square. or 2 and a half foot in old money, and we can put down as many as we need for the length of our stay. If its really wet we can lay a walkway from the awning away from the caravan , so its dry by the time at the awning . We carry enough to cover a 4x 5 meters. Weighs about 10 kg. But in 5 plastic bags. Take as few/many bags as wee need depends on the weather.
But we don't sit in our awning, it is just for storing the chairs and tables and dogs bed during the day. .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Might have look we could do with one :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A slight move on the thread, we have the Jigsaw mats, just about 50 cms square. or 2 and a half foot in old money, and we can put down as many as we need for the length of our stay. If its really wet we can lay a walkway from the awning away from the caravan , so its dry by the time at the awning . We carry enough to cover a 4x 5 meters. Weighs about 10 kg. But in 5 plastic bags. Take as few/many bags as wee need depends on the weather.
But we don't sit in our awning, it is just for storing the chairs and tables and dogs bed during the day. .
We do have those mats bought from ALDE however they were a pain to carry around and we found a betetr use for them on the garage floor as the garage is used for storing everything except the car. LOL!

Im fairly sure Isabella make them pre-cut to size. Try and Google Isabella Bolon.

Davan Caravans reports three colours in stock, 2.5m x 4.0.
Isabella Bolon Carpet - Davan Shop - Premium Awning Carpet
We currently have the Bolon but it is looking tired now and fraying at sides, but it is many years old. However this time around I was looking for something a bit more lightweight that can go into the washing machine and can be cut by the metre.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Those are the ones we want to avoid as you cannot cut them to shape. However maybe a 2.5x3.5m may be considered.
A replacement Bolon would be ideal, but will not fit into the washing machine hence looking around for something a bit lighter. The Bolon is probably the best on the market.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Bolon would fit in a machine at a Launderette.
It is sneaking it past the warden at the launderette as tried it once before. Our machine drum size is 9kg? We have been cleaning it hanging it up on the wash line and using the Karcher machine, but it is a real faff for us

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We use an oversized light gray Bolon also old. It suits us if we use the canopy awning or the Fiamma. When we did have a porch we folded it to size.

It is many years old. Each year I lay it on the drive and jet wash it. You can see it’s not new but it still looks fine. Attwoolls have shelves full of many different sized carpets, but they all tend to be dark coloured. Seems to be the thing now.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts