Brecon Beacons?

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Have a short break due in mid October - anyone got any suggestions for a peaceful site in the brecon Beacons, ideally small, restful, takes dogs, and ideally in a pretty location (don't want a lot do we)?

Thanks

Jon

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I stayed at the CC site at Brynich in Brecon. A lovely site with clean amenities and friendly staff. The site is approx. 2 miles from Brecon. There is a lovely walk into Brecon on the canal towpath. I am going back for a week in September.

I have been told Pencelli Castle site is very nice but they do not accept dogs only guide dogs.

Steve

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Steve - I will have a look at the CC site, must also see if there are any CL's nearby.

Jon
hi jon

take care with the cl/cs we looked at a few in the area and were disapointed with the access to most of them.one was a very steep hill that one was near to pandy ive forgotten the name. it had ehu and toilets. the next one near taly bont had a terrible track of a path it would have been impossible for us with our car. unless you have a 4x4 even then i would not have gone over the rough ground. the last one was the best, again full facilities on the merthyr road but the grass was a bit long. and rough. we migh be fussy buti would worry about taking our caravan over the rough ground just in case of causing damage or getting stuck.there is a site in lliswen but it is a long way out of the way. we are in both clubs the pandy cc site is nicer than brynich. pencelli is lovely but they are all quite expensive. have a look at the site in tal y bont

http://www.gilestonecaravanpark.co.uk/
i dont know what the site is like but it is in a stunning location. wonderful for walking .

good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts