British weather

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Am I glad I'm not flying off to somewhere exotic for Christmas! It's incredible to believe that the rest of the country seems to be enveloped in freezing fog, when it is absolutely lovely here! Hard frost, yes, but the sun shining on the frosted trees and grass of our paddock was stunning this morning.What's it like where you are?

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
It was -6.5 according to the guage on my truck at 3 o'clock this morning going through to Aberdeen. You can't beat a nice dry,crisp frosty morning. I don't see the appeal of going abroad to sunnier destinations for Christmas,

Gavin.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
This morning is was freezing cold here with thick frost and a fog. However, when the sun finally made it through the murk it was a lovely winter day. It has turned again this evening though and we are expecting -4 overnight. It makes me glad to be staying home!!!

G

Not to be the harbinger of bad news, ok, why not?? If the weather 'experts' are to be believed it will all go downhill at New Year with gales and rain forecast. There is also supposed to be a very cold period in Spring, but what is new with that? It seems to happen every year.

Some are blaming global warming, but I do not subscribe to that theory. We have had weather variations certainly as far back as I can remember, although the summers in the 50's did seem warmer and longer than now, so who knows. What I do think is that the seasons are kicking forward a bit. Spring is usually late, summer tends to drift into September/October and we all call it an 'Indian Summer. Winter starts mild and then gets serious after New Year, so the time clock is changing. Maybe we need to change the calendar to compensate?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here on the Isle of Wight, it has been exactly that all day long, a thick blanket of freezing fog which has shown no signs of lifting, in fact its getting even worse.

If it oes get worse, that will mean the Island cut off from "civilisation" (the mainland) until the boat skippers can see where they are going.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
This could be an oppertunity for us caravaners to get back at all those people who acuse us of blocking the transport system up during the summer.

But you cannot help feel sorry for them. Chrismas at Heathrow does not have that ring to it.

ttfn

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Cant complain about the weather here in sunny West yorkshire

It has been a dry,bright day,just got in and the temperature was still showing 7 degrees at 7.30 tonight

Merry Christmas

Gill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts