Burst pipe

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
We are on our second outing in our Elddis Avante 524 2004. I discovered the hot water pipe has a large hole in it when I noticed water in the storage compartment under the oven. I managed to get a photo but I can't access the pipes as they are under the hob and behind the oven. How would I go about moving the oven without destroying the woodwork? Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Is the plumbing done with semi rigid blue and red pipe using push fit joints, or the older jubilee clip type. Either way, it MAY be possible to push a new length of pipe through from either end the put new joints on.

John

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Only a qualified gas fitter should be removing or refitting the oven.
I think the 524 has n/s oven then fridge then fire on the left as you enter the rearwards door.
Do you have any access to remove just a short length of the pipe with the hole and replace with a push-fit connector such as
JOHN GUEST 12mm PUSH FIT EQUAL STRAIGHT CONNECTOR X 1 IN BLK CARAVAN / MOTORHOME : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
Presumably the pipe runs for hot and cold are within the locker for the n/s front seat/bed so John's suggestion may be possible with a combination of new length of pipe and connector.
A lot depends on what access you have been left to the pipework beneath/behind the appliances.
Good luck.

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
Thanks guys, yes its the semi rigid blue and red with the push fit connectors. I've attached a photo, I can get to the pipes but the part in the photo is way out of reach as it is under the hob. I'm on site just now but will have play about and see what I can do.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for an obvious point but if you can detach both ends or just cut them off, use a long length of cord tied to one end so as you pull from the other end it will feed through and you can pull the new pipe through. Alternatively if there is space tie the new pipe length to the end of the outgoing old pipe.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A further thing to consider. If you can get access to both ends as already said. Don’t just pull the old pipe out and hope to feed the new pipe through in it's place. Instead, cut one accessable end, then attach the new pipe to the old with a short length of dowl with good tape around the outside. From the other end pull the old pipe out and the new pipe will magically appear.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are on our second outing in our Elddis Avante 524 2004. I discovered the hot water pipe has a large hole in it when I noticed water in the storage compartment under the oven. I managed to get a photo but I can't access the pipes as they are under the hob and behind the oven. How would I go about moving the oven without destroying the woodwork? Thanks
I would suggest getting a professional to sort it out for you as the oven will have gas connections. It should not cost too much and could be part of a service if the caravan is almost due for its annual service.

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help. I managed to carefully lift the hob out a bit and got to the pipe. I sealed it with silicon plumbing tape so we have water again. I will replace the pipe when I get back. The van is due a service so will get the hob checked then. I'm assuming the system wasn't drained proper for the winter and that's what caused the leak.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts