Buyers for my caravan

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
For the last few years we have had people stop outside our house to enquire do we want to sell We have always said no, but it is getting more frequent now so asked one of these persons Why?. He replied I am trying to get accommodation for my workers. I did remark it is only a two berth, Early on when I thought about these people I decided to put the wheel lock facing the outside view and turned the caravan around so getting it out would be harder.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A few months ago, my son who is a sound engineer was out of work, but found work remaking cables for a Portable Generator company, and due to the remote location, his accomadation was a 4 berth caravan, luckily all to himself. So those people wanting to buy your van might be genuine.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
They might be genuine or thieves wanting to check it out so be wary. Not a lot more you can do although a security post with the caravan locked on is possibly the best deterent.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There were a lot of used vans bought as Hinckley C workforce ramped up. Coming back from Coventry along the Fosse as it crosses the M40 there’s a major construction site with lots of vans parked up. I guess H2S would be the same. With the scarcity of used vans it’s quite likely that workers could be looking for a van to live in. But maybe not. So keep your guard up.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts