Buying second hand advice

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, having to move up to fixed bunks as the grand kids Are coming with us on a regular basis, and having to convert the rear bunk and bottom bed in my sterling Eccles every night is getting a real chore especially with 2 four year olds diving onto the heap of cushions while I'm on my hands n knees sorting out a massive jigsaw of bed seats etc, anyway trying to avoid dealer prices thinking of going private, apart from going armed with my damp tester, what else should I look for, obviously a cirs certificate but not every one has one so apart from that are there any codes on windows and stamps to confirm age etc, thanks

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi smurff. I am sure someone can give you better advice than me on buying second hand. What I wanted to suggest is that you look out for an Elddis 526. They were made around 2010/2011. This gives you a fixed rear bed, a side dinette that makes up into bunks which you could just leave up and a front lounge. We find it a brilliant layout as the grandchildren can have "fixed" bunks when they come with us and we still get a decent bed. It is also a great couples van when the grandkids stay at home. The washroom is very tiny but we don't find that a problem. This layout is on a single axle. Adria and Lunar also did a similar single axle layout, but I can't remember the model numbers. Try Caravan finder.
happy hunting
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Smurf
Click Here to have a browse through the Caravan Buyers Guide and use the button links on the left to see more detailed advice for the various sections.
Beware of scammers, ensure that you visit the home address of a potential seller, not a layby or motorway services and never bid via online auction sites without eiter inspecting the caravan yourself or haveing an independent inspection carried out by a moblile service engineer.
Many used caravans offered for sale are older than advertised so Click Here to find out how to define the year of manufacture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts