PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
We have a 2020 Crusader Mistral. Very happy with it.
So far no issues and happy with build quality. Check the standard mattress is to your liking as it is quite firm (which is how we like it). An upgrade is available.
Ensure the dealer carries out a thorough PDI.
We had the dealer fit a solar panel.
Can't really help you more than that.
Enjoy your new purchase - there is plenty to play with on your drive whilst awaiting the chance to go away again!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Presumably your tug is up to the task and you have BE licence. Expect a very thorough handover and don't be afraid to ask if you can video key bits that are explained. Arrange insurance, the dealer might recommend or get quotes from one of the companies that advertise in the mag, or either of the clubs. Worth joining both clubs for a year so you can evaluate both to see which you prefer. You might get a decent starter pack from the dealership otherwise there are quite a few bits you need for when you are on site, 'tubs' for water and waste etc.

Reactions: PTA
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Presumably your tug is up to the task and you have BE licence. Expect a very thorough handover and don't be afraid to ask if you can video key bits that are explained. Arrange insurance, the dealer might recommend or get quotes from one of the companies that advertise in the mag, or either of the clubs. Worth joining both clubs for a year so you can evaluate both to see which you prefer. You might get a decent starter pack from the dealership otherwise there are quite a few bits you need for when you are on site, 'tubs' for water and waste etc.
Measure noseweight prior to taking the van away from dealers. Many empty vans are nose heavy and can exceed tow ball Max noseweight. But it might be too light on the nose so needs weighing anyway. And adjust as required. I had to fill toilet cassette and flush tank plus 10 litre water container placed in the toilet.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTA
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Yes we have a Tiguan as a tug pulling a Bailey pageant burgundy at the moment had it 5years so ready for upgrade

Reactions: PTA and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
GoldenGlory, welcome to the forum,
I found a really good look around on the delivery, I almost got caught out when I change my caravans a few years ago, there wasn't a gas pigtail supplied. Even though I had been shown everything working on gas. The dealer had removed the pigtail. A brand new caravan and a gas pigtail was not supplied. He got a right bit of abuse from my wife, as it was purchased on her credit card.

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
GoldenGlory, welcome to the forum,
I found a really good look around on the delivery, I almost got caught out when I change my caravans a few years ago, there wasn't a gas pigtail supplied. Even though I had been shown everything working on gas. The dealer had removed the pigtail. A brand new caravan and a gas pigtail was not supplied. He got a right bit of abuse from my wife, as it was purchased on her credit card.
😂thanks for that little things like that are very helpful

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Which model of Crusader are you looking at purchasing? We have the Elddis Buccaneer with the same payout as the Storm. The Crusader as a lot going for it like onboard tank, ALDE heating which includes a load monitor, wastemaster as standard, ALKO secure wheel locks, balanced wheels, heated towel rail in bathroom amongst many other items.

Get the weight upgrade done prior to purchase as it increases your payload by 56kg. Also remeber that the Crusader has a maximum nose weight of 120kg and not 100kg so make sure that the vehicle is capable of handling a nose weight up to 120kg.

Can we assume that your driving licence is post 1996 or that you avae take n the B+E test?

The only downside is that the Crusader comes with a Tracker fitted and the tracker is as much good as a chocolate tea pot. If the caravan is stolen you have to notify the tracking company. If the caravan is in storage it may be hours, days or weeks before it is reported stolen.

We paid extra and had a Phantom Tracker fitted for peace of mind. I can now see remotely caravan location, battery voltage and mileage done every month.
We are very happy with our Buccaneer Cruiser,

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
To me the main problem is the very low loading allowance which is 159 kg as Buckman says. If you add a mover at about 30 kg you are left with only 129 kg which can easily be exceeded in normal loading, particularly if you are going for longer trips. There is another 56 kg available if you ask and I would take that to have a decent loading allowance. You are then at 1,800 kg, so you will need a hefty car to pull it and a B+E licence.
Do check the clearance of the bed when extended leaves enough room for you to get past if you are likely to do this in the night, this is a point to check on all transverse beds. It should be sufficient due to the width of that model but you need to be sure it works for you.
I do not think that there are any problems specific to the model or the make, you basically have to check everything and have all working parts demonstrated. I would video that to replay later. Carelessness in the construction is generally the main problem with caravans of all makes.
Personally I would go with the tracker or similar, but that is a matter of opinion.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget that MIRO does not include fora battery. Allow 23-26kg for decent quality 100-110amp hr. Battery comes out of payload too.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just realised my figure for the mover is for a single axle fitting only. If you go for both axles it will weight even more.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes we have a Tiguan as a tug pulling a Bailey pageant burgundy at the moment had it 5years so ready for upgrade
Hi what Tiguan have you got because i also tow with one but at present a 2 berth end washroom caravan but we are upgrading to 4 berth like in photo but only a single axle

Attachments

• 4TBEW01.gif
    4TBEW01.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Beachball.
We had a 2011 VW Tiguan 2.0 turbo diesel and towed a 2014 Bailey Platinum Pursuit 560/5 with no problems at all.
Only thing I found with the Tiguan was we found the boot rather small and now have the Santa fe.
The boot is enormous.20190908_143714.jpg

Attachments

• 5628576-bailey-pursuit-560-5-1.jpg
    5628576-bailey-pursuit-560-5-1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts