C&CC and CC Websites

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me who finds it extremely difficult to search and locate information on Rallies and THS on both the C&CC and CC Websites. I find the information not always correct and I have to usually go to the website of that particular DA to find further information which when going through a whole list of Rallies/THS listings takes a lifetime.

Surely there must be a simpler way.........

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Quote "Surely there must be a simpler way........."

Tell us it then!

I've been searching for years, and it's alot easier now with web sites than it used to be, not that long ago you had to 'trawl' through individual centres rally books. Loaned from your own individual centre sec., and many of them are not even published until well into next year.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You raise a very good point TD, both clubs are very well established and have good resources and are financially sound but from what I can tell neither club seems comfortable to embrace modern technology.
The internet could provide the platform for a central information exchange, where up to the minute information about things such as THS venues, local events and rallies could all be accessed by members at the click of a mouse.
Instead,for the C&CC (of which I'm a rally going member) we have to rely on the information provided in the club magazine or at best such information might be gleaned from hours spent trawling individual district association websites which are not always up to date.
One day maybe large, well established organisations which have been around for a considerable time will successfully embrace 21st century technology but unfortunately when they have tried, such as with the site seeker revamp, things have not always gone to plan straight away.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I can imagine it was even harder without the tinterweb!!

The information should just be easier to get/look at and search through, let alone be correct don't you think. I find it quite frustrating. Some of the Rallies and THS having taken place repeatly for years on end so the information is there somewhere, it's just collated with the event information - instead it will read something like 'pub locally, shop nearby' No info on activites that are planned or EHU availability etc etc.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, agree completely Parksy. I find it so tiring hence I thought I'd ask members on here for their recommendations for Summer THS's so I hope one comes up.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
The CC website certainly separates holiday rallies if you go onto the web site and follow through on Club Centres and regions, then to whats on, then to search for rally or event, then put in your own rally requirements, list already goes as far as October 2013 half term, but obviously the list at this time of the year is far from finalised or complete. I reckon that's fairly easy.
Can't comment on C&CC as not a member now.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You learn something new every day
smiley-laughing.gif

Thanks Hortimech
smiley-smile.gif

I didn't realise that all rallies could be browsed using the C&CC website members area.
Definitely a step in the right direction!
I hope that they will show details for more than one month ahead though, it would make planning our rally trips much easier.

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If you use the search facility, you can find events that happen next christmas never mind this
smiley-smile.gif
so i don't know where you got the month at a time from Parksy

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, use the search facility all the time. But as an example of the reliability of the information - two of the rallies/THS's i have attended, both have no mention on showers/toilets/activities or EHU and both had them all! This means that everytime I find a rally or THS in an area suitable, I have to double back to the relevant DA website to trawl through their information to see if it says anything there.

There is usually a phone number to call the steward on but when I am mostly 'searching' it's not an hour of the day I think the stewards would welcome a call! lol

It's a shame as all the information is there somewhere - it's just collated together or checked.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
hortimech said:
If you use the search facility, you can find events that happen next christmas never mind this
smiley-smile.gif
so i don't know where you got the month at a time from Parksy
I only had a quick look, and just saw thismonths rallies
smiley-embarassed.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts