C&CC district associations, I give up!

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I have been rallying for a while now with an owners club, but for the first time thought for the bank holiday/half term break we would try a c&cc rally or d/a holiday rally. As heard some really good reveiws

I know ive left it late but that cant be helped as my wife is a nurse and holiday shifts only just agreed, however for three days ive been calling booking telephone numbers listed on the c&cc web site for rallies taking place between Bala in wales to Conniston in the lakes, not one of the phones rang has picked up my calls either during the day or evening or even if they are fully booked have they had the curtecy to return any one of the messages ive left on any of the answer machines.

If this is an introduction to rallying with the freindly club, im very dissapointed.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi John
The phone numbers usually belong to the individual rally steward for that weeend (members who want to take turns to volunteer as stewards) and although it's disappointing that you haven't been able to contact them don't be put off, they might be shift workers themselves or there could be any number of reasons why they don't anwer their phones.
Unless otherwise stated in the C&CC listings there is absolutely no need for members to book in advance, just choose where you want to go and turn up
smiley-laughing.gif

Near the entrance to the rally field you will see the stewards caravan ( or motorhome or tent)
Pull up there, have your C&CC membership cards ready and you can pay the fee and be booked in and the steward will welcome you and tell you anything you need to know. It might be worth mentioning that you are first timers otherwise the steward might assume that you've been before with different stewards and know where everything is.
Unless there is a note which specifically states that places have to be booked in advance don't worrry about contacting anybody, the only detail you need to take note of before leaving home is the time that the rally is open and this is normally stated in the magazine or online.
The C&CC website also lists details of DA rallies in the Members Only section, and some have details of nearby attractions or places of interest.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Parksy

You get so much into the routine, especially on bank holidays of ensuring you have booked a place to alay worst fears, I was getting quiet frustrated with no return calls but your explanation does make sence.

I will try just turning up and hope all will be ok as I cant find any main stream sites with space at all.

Been with the C&CC for 6 years and this will hopefully be our first rally with them, love meeting new people and rallies do seem much more freindlier than mainstream sites.

Will let you know how we get on.

Cheers
John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that you'll have a good time John, and some bank holiday da rallies have entertainment or other activities which you can either take part in or not, depending on your preferences.
We're thinking of popping along to a da rally just outside Ludlow for the bank holiday weekend, a first time visit to that particular da for us, but we've found that whichever da you visit you can expect a friendly welcome.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
starlight dj said:
I have been rallying for a while now with an owners club, but for the first time thought for the bank holiday/half term break we would try a c&cc rally or d/a holiday rally. As heard some really good reveiws

I know ive left it late but that cant be helped as my wife is a nurse and holiday shifts only just agreed, however for three days ive been calling booking telephone numbers listed on the c&cc web site for rallies taking place between Bala in wales to Conniston in the lakes, not one of the phones rang has picked up my calls either during the day or evening or even if they are fully booked have they had the curtecy to return any one of the messages ive left on any of the answer machines.

If this is an introduction to rallying with the freindly club, im very dissapointed.

John

Funny enough we had the same thing with a CC rally that we wanted to join a few weeks ago. Left a message but no reply but we went anyway and paid the normal price as it a proper site. Turned out to be one of the most expensive 3 day weekends we have had in a very long time!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Surfer said:
Funny enough we had the same thing with a CC rally that we wanted to join a few weeks ago. Left a message but no reply but we went anyway and paid the normal price as it a proper site. Turned out to be one of the most expensive 3 day weekends we have had in a very long time!

The CC though of course run a wholly different rallying arrangement to the C&CC and require you to pre book.
In our case with my job often not knowing even a few days in advance what week ends would be "free" the C&CCs "just come and join us" system was infinitely more suitable.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
While on the subject of C&CC holiday meets, we are trecking from Brum to the Durham DA meet at Seaburn, for the 4th consecutive year.
Beautiful part of the country with lovely people, in the heart of Cookson country.
Between Sunderland and Newcastle, it gives oportunity for a play on the beach which is just across the road.
Kids and other Harry Potter fans can visit Hogwarts AKA Alnwick Castle.
The site is right next to a large Morrisons.

Well recommended

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Brum said:
Hi Parksy.
Which DA are you with?
were you at the WMDA birthday meet at Lickhil Manor last weekend?
Hi Brum
Our 'home' DA is West Mids but sadly no, not at Lickhill Manor for the birthday meet, in fact we haven't been on a DA rally so far this year.
Family commitments and 1940s themed weekend events where we meet friends has prevented us from DA rallying in 2013 but we intend to remedy this situation over the next couple of months.
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well got to admit, we turned up on the rally field rather unsure how things would turn out. We where met by very freindly stewards whom explained all the facilities then basically said have a good look araound and pitch where you like.

Two large feilds to choose from so plenty of room.

We found an ideal spot and it turned out to be a great base for visiting the area.

At £7 per night, this turned out to be one of the best and cheapest bank holidays we have been on. (The great weather helped)

Now i know there are no booking issues, will definetly be trying more of them.

Cheers
John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad to hear that all went well John, although I had every confidence that it would.
smiley-laughing.gif

I don't know if you enjoy weekend entertainment, but the West Midlands DA, who I know are very friendly and welcoming because it's my local DA, hold an annual 60s /70s 80s weekend in July and it's just off the M5 Jn 6 at Hyde Farm, Pinvin in Worcestershire.
This rally has to be pre-booked to ensure a pitch because it is so popular with club members from all over the country attending.
The proceeds go to charity and the weekend entertainment includes top class live music in a giant marquee, a fancy dress competition, loads of activities for youngsters including 5 a side, various races, side stalls, bouncy castles etc.
The site is open from the Thursday to minimise traffic congestion and to allow time for local exploration of nearby Pershore, Evesham or Worcester and booking forms are available Here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts