C&CC site Keswick - The sun shone all week!!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Camping and Caravanning Club site on the banks of Dewent Water, Keswick. The sun shone all week (July 23-30), well just one day of drizzle and a shower, not bad for the summer we are having. A premium site in a premiun location, with good mountain views. For a good meal and drink, try the Dog and Gun at the top end of the market place, children and dogs most welcome!
Atractions; the Lake District, plenty of walks, boat trips around the lake and the town itself.
smiley-smile.gif

Photo 1. View towards Catbells
Photo 2. View towards Griesdale Pike
/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/Early%20morning%20cloud%20over%20Cat%20Bells%20-%20C%26CC%20site%20Keswick_2.jpg/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/Grisdale%20Pike%20-%20C%26CC%20site%20Keswick_2.JPG

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tukums, yes it was a really good week there, our daughter, and her OH and grandson were there the same week at the lower part of the same section as you. My wife and I visited on the Wednesday , I remember walking past your outfit on our wayto and from the town, were you the one with the little wooden plackard hanging on the front of your awning saying something about granny or grandads ???. Yes it`s a great site there is no where any better if the weather is kind, we have had many many great hols there and it`s only a two hour run at the most for us.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tukums, yes it was a really good week there, our daughter, and her OH and grandson were there the same week at the lower part of the same section as you. My wife and I visited on the Wednesday , I remember walking past your outfit on our wayto and from the town, were you the one with the little wooden plackard hanging on the front of your awning saying something about granny or grandads ???. Yes it`s a great site there is no where any better if the weather is kind, we have had many many great hols there and it`s only a two hour run at the most for us.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That's right, All ways time for the grandchildren!!
Did you see the other?
/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/Very%20clear%21%21%21.JPG

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Tukums said:
The sun shone all week (July 23-30), well just one day of drizzle and a shower, not bad for the summer we are having.

Think yourself lucky you picked that week.
We came to Cumbria on the 31st. This is our 9th day here. It was nice the day we arrived which gave us chance to put the awning up and we've had three other fairish days, including today, although at sometime it rained during the day or night. The other days it's lashed it down, so much so that I'm developing gills. Due to all the rain the atmostphere is saturated with moisture so the awning even got damp inside. Thankfully the wind today dried it up but not for long. The forecast for the rest of this week before we go home on Sunday is -
Tuesday - sunny intervals
Wednesday - heavy rain
Thursday - light rain
Friday - light rain
Saturday - hail showers

Roll on summer
smiley-cool.gif

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When we where there in 1995, we heard an alarm going off at 2.00am. Woke up, opened the van door and stepped out into 2 inches of lake in the awning. Not very nice having to get the awning down and pack up at that time, in very heavy rain. The joys of a caravanning.
emoticon-0156-rain.gif
emoticon-0156-rain.gif
emoticon-0156-rain.gif

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were not far from Cockermouth in July and the day we arrived it was nice and sunny for two days but after that it rained so hard and our awning got wet through and it was leaking from the seams . we also had a stay in Berwick on tweed the weather was same. So think yuourself lucky. these pictures are great i could do with a camera like this for taking when i am carp fishing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a native of the Lake District (Northern Lakes) I can sympathise with those who have been "washed out" recently. However forecasting the weather in the Lake District is relatively straight forward - if you can't see the fells it is raining and if you can see the fells it is going to rain - see, simple really!

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Your Lordship,

You will not need me to tell you that the rain is coming down on you at the moment. I have just been informed in my workplace that there is a severe weather warning issued for Cumbria for today and tomorrow. Hopefully you are on a well drained site and aren't affected too much.
You can now access river level monitoring stations across England and Wales using the Environment Agency's website. Most of the levels available are taken electronically and provide information so people living in flood risk areas are better informed of local potential flooding problems. I trust that you are not located within the flood risk areas and not staying at the Keswick site as this is prone to flooding.
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/120710.aspx

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We had a bit of a break in the weather this morning, it only rained instead of persisting it down. This decided us to pack up and go home because the forecast for later today, Saturday and Sunday was heavy rain. Three others on our part of the site did likewise leaving just one van. I suppose it wouldn't be the Lake District if it wasn't for the rain but I've never experienced this when going there umpteen times before. Everything was sodden, even the air, and my ears were morphing into gills. Basically it was plain miserable being cooped up when people from home are texting that it's only rained once and that wasn't enough to water the garden. Even the dogs had had enough and are now pleased to be home in the dry
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Same as Lord Braykewynde, arrived on 30 left early on Friday 12, daughter and grandchildren left Thursday sodden. Daughter has sworn never to go north of Manchester again, well sort off
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Bri said:
Same as Lord Braykewynde, arrived on 30 left early on Friday 12, daughter and grandchildren left Thursday sodden. Daughter has sworn never to go north of Manchester again, well sort off
smiley-smile.gif

Did your luggholes feel stiff and hard Bri. Did they have a slimy feel. If so, like mine, they were changing to gills.
Out of our 12 days it was no fun having 9 of rain especially when it's my job to take the dogs out if it's raining. At least I got the jobs done at home in nice weather by leaving early. This is our fifth day back and we've had 1 hour of rain. I see it's still raining up there
smiley-yell.gif

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
We must have had the same weather at Stowford as you LB.
We were on the rally field (on top of a windswept hill). & thought that the van might blow over a couple of times
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Willi-Wonti said:
We must have had the same weather at Stowford as you LB.
We were on the rally field (on top of a windswept hill). & thought that the van might blow over a couple of times
smiley-surprised.gif

Hey you, where's my emails
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Ooooopppps sorry Chris
smiley-embarassed.gif

M.I.L. had a hip replacement recently & has become type 1 diabetic, so muggins has been taking BMs twice a day & injecting her insulin.
Finally got her down from high 20s to 10 today

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Bri said:
smiley-smile.gif

Did your luggholes feel stiff and hard Bri. Did they have a slimy feel. If so, like mine, they were changing to gills.
Out of our 12 days it was no fun having 9 of rain especially when it's my job to take the dogs out if it's raining. At least I got the jobs done at home in nice weather by leaving early. This is our fifth day back and we've had 1 hour of rain. I see it's still raining up there
smiley-yell.gif
Its the first time we have used heating in the van in AUGUST!!!! Had the paddles ready just incase we started to float away and into the Solway Firth
smiley-laughing.gif
Had to hang the awning all around the garage to get it dry when we got home as it was still persisting down!! Roll on autumn, we may get some decent weather.
Bri

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts