calais to lake garda

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi, will be travelling to lake garda with a stop at wasselone near strasbourg. has anybody done this route, is there anything i should be wary of.Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
We've done the journey a few times. We usually go from Calais on the A25 to Lille then through Belgium to Namur. Down through Luxembourg with overnight at Thionville. Strasbourg to Basle and then through Switzerland, staying at Sempach overnight. Reach Garda next day. Also we've tried through Germany and over the Brenner but prefer Switzerland.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
thanks John am now wandering if i have bitten off more then i can chew.Was hoping to do it with a one night stop over keeping it simple, through France into Switzerland dropping into Italy,is this possible.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like John Douglas we have travelled this route a few times in the past. Our route however has been Calais/Namur/Kerpen(Cologne)/Munich/Garmisch-Partenkirchen/Brenner Pass/Sirmione(Lake Garda) Late night crossing Dover/Calais, stop over on service station at Namur for v early start next day, stop over at Ettlingen (Karlsruhe)a longish day, again stop over at GP. Travelled at week end to avoid heavy vehicles on autobahn, no tolls until you reach Brenner Pass.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Like John Douglas we have travelled this route a few times in the past. Our route however has been Calais/Namur/Kerpen(Cologne)/Munich/Garmisch-Partenkirchen/Brenner Pass/Sirmione(Lake Garda) Late night crossing Dover/Calais, stop over on service station at Namur for v early start next day, stop over at Ettlingen (Karlsruhe)a longish day, again stop over at GP. Travelled at week end to avoid heavy vehicles on autobahn, no tolls until you reach Brenner Pass.
Thanks clubman i will look into both routes that you and john use.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
You would save money by not going through Switzerland as we were told by another caravanner in mid June when in Europe that he paid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts