Camping around Lyon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi We're travelling to the cote d'azure in a couple of weeks and rather than doing our usual trip all in one go we've decided to stop for a couple of days. We're staying at Berny Riviere at first and thought the next logical stop would be just south of Lyon. We intend to stay a couple of days and want a site with a pool and a bar and a restaurant - not much to ask for !!! Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Also has anybody got a good route. Thanks

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi Clair

It is also a ACSI site so if you are traveling from the last week of this month onwards you can save quite a lot by getting a ACSI card.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Mike - can't find it in our current ACSI book - though it does accept Camping Cheques from 20th August - we may be there during that week on our way to the mediterranean!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi Valerie,

You might be right, I took it from their web site and not my book. I have to admit I like the belt and braces approach and use ACSI and Camping Cheques.

How long are you going for, We plan all of September in the Massif Central area.

ttfn

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Valerie,

You might be right, I took it from their web site and not my book. I have to admit I like the belt and braces approach and use ACSI and Camping Cheques.

How long are you going for, We plan all of September in the Massif Central area.

ttfn
Two weeks with sister and her family, and then two weeks on our own - we hope. Dusseldorf for the Caravan Show, then Burgundy, then the Vercors area - and down to the mediterranean for our fix of seafood and sand! Then, well........ who knows?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Valerie,

ttfn
Like you, Mike, we use ACSI and Camping Cheques and municipal sites, and Camping a la Ferme, and between these manage to find some fantastic sites. We love the Massif Central - and have had some great holidays finding beautiful areas to visit. Where are you heading? Or are you like us, with only a vague destination in mind - and mostly just try to find 'the sun' (of course, with beautiful countryside as a backdrop!!!!).

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Like you, Mike, we use ACSI and Camping Cheques and municipal sites, and Camping a la Ferme, and between these manage to find some fantastic sites. We love the Massif Central - and have had some great holidays finding beautiful areas to visit. Where are you heading? Or are you like us, with only a vague destination in mind - and mostly just try to find 'the sun' (of course, with beautiful countryside as a backdrop!!!!).
Valerie,

The real delight of these caravanning cards is that you do not have to book and therefore be anywhere at a particular time. We tend to turn right a Dover and with a bit of loose planning see were we end up.

Our only must haves are two bikes, two pairs of walking boots and the Cardac bbq. the rest one can make up as you go. We like the sun but it is not high on the wish list as long as the wind is not too strong and visability is good.

Hope you have a good break.

Oh yes. how do you handle extending your holiday. Now we have retired we do not always want to come back when we first intended and often wish to stay another week or so. Any ideas?

ttfn

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Valerie,

The real delight of these caravanning cards is that you do not have to book and therefore be anywhere at a particular time. We tend to turn right a Dover and with a bit of loose planning see were we end up.

Our only must haves are two bikes, two pairs of walking boots and the Cardac bbq. the rest one can make up as you go. We like the sun but it is not high on the wish list as long as the wind is not too strong and visability is good.

Hope you have a good break.

Oh yes. how do you handle extending your holiday. Now we have retired we do not always want to come back when we first intended and often wish to stay another week or so. Any ideas?

ttfn

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You can do it two ways:

1. Ring the ferry company and amend your booking - sometimes costs extra, sometimes doesn't.

2. Just turn up late - they don't seem to mind, and only Seafrance have ever charged us anything extra!

We've had a whole new perspective on holidays since we started using ACSI and Camping Cheques, etc. - and it does make it very relaxing, knowing that if you don't like somewhere, the weather's bad, or you have unpleasant neighbours (we have had sometimes), then you can just up sticks and move on.

Have a great holiday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts