CAMPING DE LA HALLERAIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I suppose i should have asked before booking,we are travelling via ld lines from portsmouth on the 08.30 crossing to le havre we have booked a one night stop over at chateau de martragny then heading down to la hallerais for two weeks,being our first time touring in france we didn`t want to venture too far, any members used this site in the past ? also is it wise to use sat nav for directions i have a fear of tight narrow dirt tracks,over hanging trees and cattle grids after using one to find a site in scotland last year !! any info gladly received

chris.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As it is your first time touring in France I suggest you make things as easy as possible for yourselves for at least the first couple of days and use autoroutes or other 4 lane roads wherever possible, even if the autoroutes are toll. this will accustom you to 'the other side' and be far less stressful. Also, go to www.viamichelin.com and get a route - you can choose options on type of roads and also for car + caravan, and you will get a route which shows you the exact signs you will encounter.
As in UK motorway / autoroute fuel is more expensive than supermarkets. At a supermarket - often in a 'Centre Commercial' you will usually find pay at the pump section marked 24/24 which avoids having to weave through various obstructions to pay at the kiosk. Most of these pumps now accept UK chip and pin cards, and will offer you a choice of language as soon as you insert your card. always take the 'recepit' option, and it will be printed after you have fueled and returned the pump nozzle to the pump.

If you have time look back through this forum and you will find lots of good advice for 'first timers' - and we were all 'first timers' once. It's a holiday not a contest and worth spending a little extra to make it a good one. Second time you will wonder what all the fuss is about !
Have a great time.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I suppose i should have asked before booking,we are travelling via ld lines from portsmouth on the 08.30 crossing to le havre we have booked a one night stop over at chateau de martragny then heading down to la hallerais for two weeks,being our first time touring in france we didn`t want to venture too far, any members used this site in the past ? also is it wise to use sat nav for directions i have a fear of tight narrow dirt tracks,over hanging trees and cattle grids after using one to find a site in scotland last year !! any info gladly received

chris.
I use a satnav, but can programme my Garmin on the computer and download the route to the satnav. I also print off some hard copies of the Google maps route , plus carry a Michelin map book. It’s also an idea to explore the route to the campsite locale using Street View that will show any potential difficult bits. Enjoy the holiday, France is lovely and in many respects I found the driving easier than here. We are booked for Dordogne in early September.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I use a satnav, but can programme my Garmin on the computer and download the route to the satnav. I also print off some hard copies of the Google maps route , plus carry a Michelin map book. It’s also an idea to explore the route to the campsite locale using Street View that will show any potential difficult bits. Enjoy the holiday, France is lovely and in many respects I found the driving easier than here. We are booked for Dordogne in early September.
OC, this is over 12 year old. Probably a spammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts