Camping - Les Menhirs, Brittany

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
We are considering a holiday next September at Camping Les Menhirs,Carnac Plage. Any info on this site from any one who may have visited would be appreciated.(no kids to consider) Also any idea what sort of temperatures we might expect first two weeks of September in this area?

Thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Swift

We stayed at Carnac in the Sep 2 years ago. We looked at Camping Menhirs but eventually opted for Camping La Moustoir just outside the town. Mnenhirs seemed a nice site and much nearer the beaches. The weather, I regret to say, was changeable we had quite a few days of heavy rain which made the camp site a little wet underfoot. The temperatures weren't too bad tho and we did sit outside the awning for afternoon tea and sundowners. The area is superb, my type of country, wild and rugged in places with some great fish restaurants - try the Calypso at ???, the site will have details, for the best grilled sardines ever. Bird watching good too. Reasonably good cycling in the area and some of the bigger towns, like Vannes, are worthy of a visit. We will go back sometime - it's on the list with all the other destinations we say we will go back to but never seem to.

Sep 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Swift2008,

We have been there twice now and would consider going again but the weather is a real gamble at that time of year ! We went the last 2 weeks of August both times and saw horrendous weather some days and comfortable weather others(23 degs),It really is a lottery.The beach at "Men Du" (can`t remember how it`s spelt)is walkable and the best in my opinion.Lovely charcoal fired pizzas within a 5 minute walk of the site, also the best patisserie we have ever sampled just a minute further on!The rest of Carnac Plage doesn`t really excite us (bit touristy).Cycle routes/ walking very good.

Feel free to ask anything more.

Regards,

Dave

TRENDING THREADS