Campsite near Legoland??

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Staying at Lincoln Farm Park - but met friends and went to Legoland making use of one the hotel package offers. However we also went to Ascot last week and spent a short time in Windsor which was lovely. Can anyone recommend a site near Windsor - we would love to come back to this area - but a little nearer Legoland would be great!

Thanks

Helen

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Helen,

I've no idea as to how close Lincoln Farm Park is to Windsor but we stayed at the CC Henley-on-Thames site when we went to Legoland last year. It's about 12 miles away.

Cheers,

Mathew

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that Matthew - what is the CC at Henley like? We went to Henley yesterday - and enjoyed a lovely picnic by the Thames and a long cycle past all the gorgeous houses and boats ... bliss!!

Your honest thoughts would be appreciated - we drove into the Hurley Riverside park and were really not very impressed - just big fields with pitches - no character ... play area for children.

Cheer Helen

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi Helen,

We only stayed at Henley for a couple of nights and then moved onto Crystal Palace for another couple of nights to visit London. It was the October 1/2 term last year and it was bitterly cold (so cold in fact that our car was iced over where the rain/sleet had frozen overnight). The CC site from recollection was a very basic site - well kept, good shower/toilet block etc, no play area that I can remember. It just off the main road so you have the traffic noise plus intermittent Heathrow aircraft noise. I would say that as a base to explore the area its fine but if you wanted to stay just at the sight my three children would become bored pretty quick.

We're actually going back to Legoland in Sept but we are going to stay in a hotel in Windsor as we want to also spend a day exploring Windsor - the kids love castles. We only stayed at Henley last year as we combined Legoland with visiting the London museums by basing ourselves at Crystal Palace CC site (which incidentally I would not do again as bus/tube hopping in and out of Central London with three kids under 8 is hard work. But at least with can say that we tried it!).

Apologies for being a bit long winded but I got there in the end!

Cheers,

Mathew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen,

There is a Caravan Club site at Denham which is close to Windsor,have a look at caravan club website for details.Enjoy.Jimbob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen,

There is a Caravan Club site at Denham which is close to Windsor,have a look at caravan club website for details.Enjoy.Jimbob

Hi Helen,

The nearest site to Legoland is Amerden Caravan Park in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead. I've not stayed there as being as i could walk there lol it's hardly worth it but i've heard good recommendations for it. Only down side for some is it's quite close to the M4 so you'll hear the motorway but not something that bothers me personally.

Any other local info you need just shout.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts