Campsites on Cote d'Azur

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
I am hoping to get down to the South of France for the first two weeks of september and would welcome any suggestions for a good caravan site in this area.

Also a suggested route avoiding Toll Roads, with overnight stops.

Looking forward to some informative replies.

Thanks.

Malcolm :)

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Malcolm,

Try looking at this thread, http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=116262&PagePosition=9&ThreadPage=1&ReturnPage=Search&search=&searchIn=

As for avoidiong the tolls, if you're in no hurry thats fine, but if you only have 2 weeks, bite the bullet & use the toll (peage) motorways, you'll find them so relaxing, hardly ant traffic & you can maintain a good average speed, average speed of 50 - 55 mph is not unusuall.

BTW the site i use is L'Etiole D'Agens in St Aygulf

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Have you tried the Camping Cheque website http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/en/ - offer lots of sites on the Cote d'Azur, and for a couple with a caravan and electricity a pitch costs only

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
We have stayed at Caravanning Esterel, Agay (near Frejus) twice. It's great. A busy site but by September it will be much quieter. The pitches at the bottom of the site overlook the Esterel massif and you can watch the wild boars guzzling on old bread (which you give them!) as the sun goes down and you enjoy that bottle of local rose. Some pitches are pretty small, but this is probably the case with all the Cote D'Azur sites, so ask for a big pitch - this should not be a problem in September. A great place.

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
Malcolm,

Try looking at this thread, http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=116262&PagePosition=9&ThreadPage=1&ReturnPage=Search&search=&searchIn=

As for avoidiong the tolls, if you're in no hurry thats fine, but if you only have 2 weeks, bite the bullet & use the toll (peage) motorways, you'll find them so relaxing, hardly ant traffic & you can maintain a good average speed, average speed of 50 - 55 mph is not unusuall.

BTW the site i use is L'Etiole D'Agens in St Aygulf
GeorgeB,

Your suggested campsite looks interesting, and I will give plenty of consideration.

Thanks, Malcolm

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
We have stayed at Caravanning Esterel, Agay (near Frejus) twice. It's great. A busy site but by September it will be much quieter. The pitches at the bottom of the site overlook the Esterel massif and you can watch the wild boars guzzling on old bread (which you give them!) as the sun goes down and you enjoy that bottle of local rose. Some pitches are pretty small, but this is probably the case with all the Cote D'Azur sites, so ask for a big pitch - this should not be a problem in September. A great place.
Dennis,

Thanks for your suggestions. This site is in the Les Castels brochure and looks really good. If I use it I will certainly ask for a larger pitch.

Thanks again, Malcolm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts