Can someone help please?

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I took delivery of a new Marquis Majestic 135 on Wednesday 25th January. On the vehicle instrument panel between the outside temp and the mileage reading there is a letter 'H'.
I am unable to see any reference to it in the Peugeot handbook (Peugeot Boxer 2.0 160bhp adblue). I'd have thought if it was a warning of some sort it would be displayed in yellow (as the service warning triangle is} but it is the same 'orange' colour as the other info dispayed.
Can anyone tell me what this indicates please?

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ask a local Peugeot dealer.

We had the same issue with our Fiat motorhome. The H appeared about 50 miles after we picked up the van during the very hot summer of 2013 so we assumed it was a warning that the coolant temperature was too high [some Fiats get a warning message on the display but my Fiat handbook doesn't tell me what it looks like!]. We ignored it and nothing drastic happened. The handbook did say contact a Fiat dealer. Never seen it since.

Might be worth you checking your coolant level but I would speak to a dealer. I wouldn't recommend ignoring it like we did because we might have been very lucky to get away with it.

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
An update on the letter 'H' that was showing on the instrument panel of my motorhome when I took delivery in January.
On Sunday 19th February I was on my way to Oxon Hall Touring park and while driving down the M54 I looked at the dasboard and notied that the letter 'H' was no more! The total mileage driven was 132 miles, the letter 'H' was still showing when I set out from home so I am peased to say all is well, but I wish I know why it was there in the first place!

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update BB. Seems your H was the same as ours. Three and a half years later, and 23,000 miles, it's not reappeared so here's wishing you the same, if not more, trouble free motorhoming.

Hobbyt600

BANNED
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The symbol that looks like an “H” indicates that the distance showing on the vehicle’s odometer can be zeroised. This feature permits the vendor of a brand-new vehicle to deliver it to the buyer with a zero distance on the odometer. The zeroising procedure can only be performed once and (apparently) involves simultaneously pressing and holding down the + / - buttons relating to the Setup Menu. There is also a distance-travelled threshold (200km?) at which point the zeroising procedure becomes inoperative and the “H” symbol disappears.

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Hobbyt600 for the information.
As I stated in my last post on this subject the letter 'H' was showing when I left home in the vehicle and then while on the M54 I looked at the odometer which at this point read 132 miles and the letter 'H' had disappeared.
So it must have self cancelled at 124.274 miles.
I am so pleased that it now has an explanation.
Since taking delivery of the vehicle on 25th January I have been in touch with both the selling dealer (Marquis) and my local Peugeot dealer, both of whom couldn't give an explanation of why it was showing.
Thank you once again. I am pleased to know why it happened in the first place and hopefully it will be informative to others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts