Can you stop for a night in German services safely?

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi we're travelling down to Innsbruck from Calais next July and will be stopping for an overnighter somewhere around Frankfurt we are thinking at the moment and wondered if just stopping overnight in a German services (whatever they are called) would be possible before continuing our journey the next day?? If so, is there a directory of where they are located somewhere please? Thanks for replying in advance.
Phil

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
German service stations are not a frequent as those in France and some of them are just like laybys so you would not get much sleep. I am not to clear what the regulations are about overnighting on the bigger service stations. I think motorhomes are well catered for with stellplatz I am not sure the same is true for caravans. I am sure that Lutz who posts here will povide useful information. I have seen a couple of campsites in Germany that are geared up for overnight stays with special areas. This campsite, about 35kms south of Koblenz has a special overnight area http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/Camping_Schinderhannes.htm
David

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
As David said Lutz would be the person to answer this question but it might be quite a day or two before he answers as he is now on his trip in Australia. He is hoping to be able to keep up with the Forum while he is away I know. Personally I would stop at a Caravan Site overnight. Last year we stopped at a site Camping Waldpark, Hohenstadt, close to the main road near to ULM. To view site go to www.eurocamping.co.uk/en/ and check on it there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts