Cancellin ACSI subscription

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For the past couple of years we have subscribed to ACSI however with the current situation it seems unlikely we will be able to use them in the next year due to Covid19 and perhaps Brexit. Maybe in 2022 when things have calmed down we can perhaps think about it again.
We have been receiving emails asking us to pay the subscription and have tried to cancel, but there does not seem to be any facility on the website to cancel. No email address only a phone number in Holland for them. Tried phoning, but all we got was the same message and after about 10 minutes I hung up the phone.
Any suggestions on how to cancel?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi
i just been online to ACSI if you go through Customer service
1/ About what product do you have a an equiry
ACSI Club ID
2/ What is your enquiry about
Membership
3/ Specify
Terminating Membership

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi
i just been online to ACSI if you go through Customer service
1/ About what product do you have a an equiry
ACSI Club ID
2/ What is your enquiry about
Membership
3/ Specify
Terminating Membership
No bank DD set up. To terminate you need to phone them and cannot terminate Online?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This subject is on another forum
Someone phone ACSI half hour before closing time and managed to get his subscription cancelled so i hope you do

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I was on the phone to them yesterday and after more than 10 minutes I hung up as kept getting the same message. I do not need a large telephone bill phoning an overseas company.
I am sure that if you are able to subscribe Online then the legislation states that you should be able to cancel Online. I email a reply to the email address on the invoice reminder email and got a reply that it will not be forwarded to the correct department.

Nov 17, 2005
Visit site
I had a similar problem back in 2014 and this lady managed to eventually sort the problem.

Linda Peters
Customer Service
ACSI Publishing BV
Postbus 34
6670 AA ZETTEN
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 488 452 055
E-Mail: shop@acsi.eu

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar problem back in 2014 and this lady managed to eventually sort the problem.

Linda Peters
Customer Service
ACSI Publishing BV
Postbus 34
6670 AA ZETTEN
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 488 452 055
E-Mail: shop@acsi.eu
Seems I will need to write to them by snail mail as no answer on telephone again this morning despite being on hold even longer than yesterday. I am of the opinion that if you can sign up Online, you should be able to cancel Online! :mad:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Seems I will need to write to them by snail mail as no answer on telephone again this morning despite being on hold even longer than yesterday. I am of the opinion that if you can sign up Online, you should be able to cancel Online! :mad:
Why not just cancel your subscription card payment if they make it that hard to do it online.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Why not just cancel your subscription card payment if they make it that hard to do it online.
No DD or CP set up. The problem is that they send you the books which you do not want, then they start sending demands for payment and no one wants their credit file trashed for £20 so you end up paying either way! Very nasty!

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 17, 2005
Visit site
That was exactly the problem I had after sending an email to service@acsi.eu cancelling my subscription 6 months previously.

The next email I sent expressly removed all permissions for them to debit anything to my card and sending any further unsolicited mail or books.

After a further 6 rounds of emails, each one attaching a copy of the previous mails, they finally confirmed I was no longer a client and my account was cancelled.

I subsequently purchase any books I require from the well known source of vicarious books in the UK.

Buckman just send multiple emails to them and advise your card supplier not to accept future debits from them.

Eventually they take the hint.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks as said I do not have a Continous Payment plan on the card so they cannot deduct any funds. However even if you don't pay for the books upfront, they still send you the books anyway and then the "Letters of Demand" forcing you to pay. Very annoying and I think perhaps illegal. If it was a UK company no problem as we have legislation to cover this however ACSI is a company in Holland so EU regulations apply and not UK legislation.

Nov 17, 2005
Visit site
Exactly the same as my situation.

Their words are that you cannot have a subscription service delivery of the book without an automatic direct debit of your credit card.

A firm email cancelling any subscription plan or membership which they think you have and confirming that you do not want them sending you unsolicited books, is the way to go.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I don’t recognise the problems people have had or envisage having. I would normally cancel memberships or subscriptions to be ‘nice’. But I would not attempt to jump through any hoops.

I cancelled mine a couple of years ago. Honestly can’t remember if I informed them, but I simply did not pay for the service. As expected I received nothing except the occasional friendly email asking me to come back.

Just don’t pay and forget about it.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I don’t recognise the problems people have had or envisage having. I would normally cancel memberships or subscriptions to be ‘nice’. But I would not attempt to jump through any hoops.
I cancelled mine a couple of years ago. Honestly can’t remember if I informed them, but I simply did not pay for the service. As expected I received nothing except the occasional friendly email asking me to come back.
Just don’t pay and forget about it.
John
I did that last year and they sent the books etc anyway and then kept sending demands for me to pay until eventually I paid. I knew last year that we would not be going onto the continent as we were flying to SA so pointless paying for something you could not use.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I did that last year and they sent the books etc anyway and then kept sending demands for me to pay until eventually I paid. I knew last year that we would not be going onto the continent as we were flying to SA so pointless paying for something you could not use.

I would have dug my heels in and refused to pay for unsolicited goods.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Customer Service How can i cancel my camping card ACSI Subscription you can telephone to terminate or Email End your subscription-- 2020
you can send your cancellation
ACSI Publishing BV
Attn. Subscriptions
PO Box 34
6670 AA Zetten
The Netherlands

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The rules are EU wide and implemented via each member nations legislation. See the Which description.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations
Thanks Clive but , the Distance selling rules no longer apply in the UK and anyway only refers to the UK and not EU. I think the best option is writing to them and getting Proof of Postage which costs nothing however there should be no need to go to such lengths to cancel a subscription which could be done on Online easily.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Clive but , the Distance selling rules no longer apply in the UK and anyway only refers to the UK and not EU. I think the best option is writing to them and getting Proof of Postage which costs nothing however there should be no need to go to such lengths to cancel a subscription which could be done on Online easily.
You sure? As part of Brexit, HM Government enacted all EU legislation into UK law to ease the exit process so nothing actually changes until legislation is repealed.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You sure? As part of Brexit, HM Government enacted all EU legislation into UK law to ease the exit process so nothing actually changes until legislation is repealed.
If you click on the link it tells you that the Distance Selling Regulations have been superseded by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you click on the link it tells you that the Distance Selling Regulations have been superseded by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Which is still enacted and encompass the Distance Selling Regulation. UK is still following EU laws in this period of transition as posted above they are enacted in UK legislation. ACSI will also be conducting business under the Netherlands equivalent.
Must say though that they don’t make it easy to cancel an account. But they aren’t unique in that respect.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

That link contained a further link which takes you to the right place and up to date info.

Though ACSI are great to use on site and out of the main season. I always found that their systems and options for purchasing to be confusing.

John

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking at ACSI website they give three methods to cancel a subscription. Mail, phone or online help/contact form, with a direct email link shown.

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/customerservice-and-contact/

Here’s the email address

shop@acsi.eu

The ACSI website gives the title of the email to be used too.

“ End your subscription - CCA 2020

Perhaps not surprising that replies to the phone aren’t good as no doubt coronavirus can be affecting things. Have you tried HMRC recently?
Having used their online contact form I’d very much doubt that any credit reference could be affected given that you would have evidence of cancellation, you’ve not paid anything further and the items are therefore unsolicited. I assume that they haven’t taken a further payment.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS