Car break in

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
just want to let folks know to be aware.

My car was turn over last night and it would appear I was targetted because I left the Sat Nav cradle suctioned to the window.

Police said its a bit of a give away you have a device and most people leave it in the car.

Despite the fact mine was not visible (it was in the driver door pocket covered by gloves , dust cloth and sunglass case) the pox infested inbred who stolen it smashed the passenger window and must have all but crawled fully into the car to get it.

Any way just a word of caution if you leave such cradles visible.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just another point re sat nav mounts, make sure you wipe the screen where it has been as the low lifes look for the tell tale mark on the screen.

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes make sure you wipe the mark off, but also make sure the rest of the screen is fairly clean, a big clean patch is just as much of a give away on a dirty screen as a sucker mark is.

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
just bought the navman s30 and the mount fits nicely on the dash rather than the windscreen and does'nt normaly leave a mark,if it does it easily wipes off.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

Good tip...DO NOT STORE HOME...When storing use a post code a few streets away, no one gets lost getting home.

If the st nav is stolen it cannot lead anyone to your house.

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I understand your anger Roger. I had only had my new Mondeo for a week when the low life druggies smashed my passenger window in an attempt to steel my sat nave that, luckily, wasn't in the car. I had, however, left the mount stuck to the window.

It was parked outside my ex work in Leeds. Three windows got smashed the same time as mine.

The police turned up and took finger prints but nothing happened after that. Still find glass when I hoover the car two years later as a bleak reminder.

The police gave my a bit of a tip though. Apart from obviously not leaving your sat nav holder in the car, when you lock your car with the key fob, press it twice because in 90% of new cars, pressing the button twice will dead lock the car so even if they smash the window, they won't be able to open the doors.

I didn't know this because car manufacturers don't exactly advertise the fact.

It worked on my Mondeo and on the wife's Fiat Stilo.

Just some info.

Gaz

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Check your handbook very carefully before doing this as a double click in some systems activates deadlocks and in others disables the motion sensors

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts