Car massage seat or Heated seats ?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present i own a 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan that has a massage function on my driving seat
I am getting a new car and it comes with heated seats can you tell me will this relieve my bad back
Because i have been thinking of buying this item Vibrating massage seat cushion remote control but do i need to ?
I would appreciate any input

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Certainly you might find heated seats useful to your back, but they are different to a massage function. I would give them a try when you get the new car, then if they aren’t as effective as the massage function you could buy the vibrating massage seat.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Certainly you might find heated seats useful to your back, but they are different to a massage function. I would give them a try when you get the new car, then if they aren’t as effective as the massage function you could buy the vibrating massage seat.
Hi clive thanks for the information i have been worrying about the heated seats never had them but i will give them a go and see (y)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi clive thanks for the information i have been worrying about the heated seats never had them but i will give them a go and see (y)
We’ve had heated seats in cars since mid 90s and rarely if ever do we use them. But I must admit the new Kia with its heated steering wheel is ace, as I tend these days to feel the cold on my hands. Anyway hope you get on okay with the new wheels.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our new to us Kia Sorento has very good heated seats and steering wheel, warmer than those on my previous Kia.
The heat certainly won't do your back any harm and it's controllable, so it need not become too warm.
As O.C mentioned, heated seats are not the same as a massage function, but on leather seats they're very pleasant, and our Kia also has a seat cooling function for warm weather, the best of both worlds.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
My heated seats are just the squabs (not the backs) and rarely used by us as these days the number of frosty mornings are few and our preference is a warm car and a cool rear !

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Put it like this, my wife will no longer accept any car we buy that doesn't have DAB radio, aircon, and heated and preferably leather seats.
If you do ever suffer from backache there is nothing to beat a heated seat and they get warm a darn sight quicker than the engine/aircon!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Like Audiorob our heated seats are just the base and I cannot see them being any use for back pain.
All of the heated car seats I've had heat the base much quicker than the backrest - maybe it seems not to heat the backrest because it's switched off when the base is warm enough.

My VW Touareg has three settings so could be left on the low setting for long periods but I've only ever used full heat for short periods.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I like my heated seats. Wish I had the heated steering wheel as well.

There are many variations of a bad back. Location and cause. Heated seats may be nice but not necessarily beneficial. same with the massage function. Before I had my microdiscectomy, I doubt either would have been much help.

As a massage function is normally on high-end cars, I would have thought that would have already had heated seats. It's not an either/or situation.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

There are many variations of a bad back. Location and cause. Heated seats may be nice but not necessarily beneficial. same with the massage function. Before I had my microdiscectomy, I doubt either would have been much help.

As a massage function is normally on high-end cars, I would have thought that would have already had heated seats. It's not an either/or situation.

John
Heat, or warmth, can ease the discomfort of some back conditions.

I too am surprised that seats with a massage function don't have heating as well.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Put it like this, my wife will no longer accept any car we buy that doesn't have DAB radio, aircon, and heated and preferably leather seats.
If you do ever suffer from backache there is nothing to beat a heated seat and they get warm a darn sight quicker than the engine/aircon!
We have DAB and tried it a few times and went back to traditional FM.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
We have a 2017 Sportage 182 bhp diesel- KX4 which has heated and cooling leather seats and heated steering wheel.
Not had these benefits in a car before this one, but they do come in useful on cold winter mornings, especially as where we live it's quite rural.
As with others, SWMBO prefers this car to our other hand cart (2016 Suzuki Baleno 1.0 3 cylinder turbo petrol).

Steve

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That would be great if the heated seat did my back some good

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our new to us Kia Sorento has very good heated seats and steering wheel, warmer than those on my previous Kia.
The heat certainly won't do your back any harm and it's controllable, so it need not become too warm.
As O.C mentioned, heated seats are not the same as a massage function, but on leather seats they're very pleasant, and our Kia also has a seat cooling function for warm weather, the best of both worlds.
Hi Parksy you have help me with your input about heated seats will help my back Thanks (y)

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

John
Well already paid extra for a heated steering wheel worth every penny

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Heat, or warmth, can ease the discomfort of some back conditions.

I too am surprised that seats with a massage function don't have heating as well.
Hi RogerL Maybe does on the Tiguan but my new car only has heated seats that why i was thinking of getting a Vibrating massage seat cushion so i have the best of both

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the heated steering wheel and only use it on cold mornings for maybe 5 - 7 minutes. Would never have it on for longer than that as no point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts